Back at it - this time at 60 years old and 210 lbs to lose.

About 15 years ago, when I was in my mid 40's I was up to 562.3 lbs. I knew I was going to die if I did not do something about my health. A single Dad at the time, with a 7 year old, I just could not let that happen. Over 2 1/2 years I managed to lose 355 pounds. I kept it off for about 7 years never going over 225.

After that time, I started to lose focus and gained back to about 300 lbs. I have tried over and over since that time to lose weight and get fit again. I let one thing or another get in my way. Over the last 4 years, I have gained back to 414 lbs. While that is still 150 lbs from my highest weight, man - this is no way to live. I mean, it was killer at 45 being that obese -- at 60 it is just insane.

I have been on this forum for a good while - but like all of the good habits that I had developed over the years, I stopped posting here. You know, you get ashamed that after working so hard to get fit, after years of making good choices, to slide back into old unhealthy habits you just stop coming.

Anyway, I now have a granddaughter that is 17 months old. I just can't sit back and not be here for her. I have been back at it for 8 days. I feel good about this time. It is weird, it is like some switch gets thrown in my head. When that switch goes off, it is not hard to eat well and to exercise. When that switch is in the off position, it feels almost impossible. I plan on being around again - so I wanted to say hello.

I wrote a blog about the last 15 years, People Magazine Half their Size and the regaining weight. I have some pictures as well.

Blog Post with Pictures

Hope to see you all around!

"The future is not some place we are going, but one we create. The paths are not found, but made, and the activity of making them changes both the maker and the destination."
John Schaar

Replies

• MarcyMavin
    MarcyMavin Posts: 142 Member
    Hey you know what to do, get at it!!!
  • ricardg1
    ricardg1 Posts: 1 Member
    Hope you see this. I am on your team and wishing you all the success in the world. Keep up the good work-you can do it!!
  • You got this, you are in the right place for some inspiration. Add me if you need a friend 🙂
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Welcome back and thanks for the inspiration in your post.
  • Carryingwideload
    Carryingwideload Posts: 10 Member
    Am new here and inspired by your story and your passion. Add me if you need a friend. :)
  • CharlesScott78
    CharlesScott78 Posts: 203 Member
    ricardg1 wrote: »
    Hope you see this. I am on your team and wishing you all the success in the world. Keep up the good work-you can do it!!

Thanks! Hope to see you around.
  • LouVee186000
    LouVee186000 Posts: 81 Member
    About 15 years ago, when I was in my mid 40's I was up to 562.3 lbs...
    Charles - Houston, TX

Charles, so sorry you're struggling! You are SO not alone in having gained back weight after losing a bunch. It's among the worst of feelings, I know because I've had felt it too. But I think you're in the right place to set yourself up for success. Good luck on your journey!

• lynney9
    lynney9 Posts: 35 Member
    dont give up Charles, you can do it! Believe in yourself! Your mind has alot to do with your actions im finding.We dont have to accept any crummy self defeating thought that comes to our mind!☺👍
  • CharlesScott78
    Thanks for the encouragement! I really appreciate it. Anything I can do to help you guys, I would be glad to do it. I wish everyone much good health and success.

Charles
  • coreyswaggedoutwilson
    coreyswaggedoutwilson Posts: 6 Member
    edited October 2019
    Youve got this , stay focused and push through to your goal , youve got this
  • Carryingwideload
    Carryingwideload Posts: 10 Member
    You have this. Stay true to yourself. I know most of us have been there, the struggle is worth the benefit at the end :)
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    There is a group for Larger Losers...check it out you might like to join us!
  • Tammiann1961
    Tammiann1961 Posts: 18 Member
    Hi Charles! I understand your struggle, I have a 4 month old granddaughter. I am 58 and I have been so bad with logging and keeping track of my food. I will send a friend request so we can help each other!
  • iheartmyyorkie
    iheartmyyorkie Posts: 163 Member
    Your profile bio was phenomenal. Never give up. I'm rooting for you!
  • CharlesScott78
    There is a group for Larger Losers...check it out you might like to join us!

I will look up the group! Thanks!
  • CharlesScott78
    Someone sent me a friend request and I hit decline by mistake - if you sent me a friend request - please send it again -