Here we go again ;)

Options
Hi!
Been opening and closing the app a million times in the last few days trying to find the motivation to do it all again.
I was very obese 15 years ago. Lost roughly 75 kg dieting and excercising...
Fast forward... in the last few years I changed country, went through some losses in my family, got married, pulled through a big crisis and had 2 daughters.
Looks like my life is about to change again and I feel the need to finally concentrate again on myself.
Not sure what’s to come. Looking for motivation and inspiration:)

Replies

• theblackdotdusseldorf
    Options
    Firstly, well done for losing weight the first time - that proves that you can do this! You are your best source of inspiration - you know what your body and mind are capable of when you prioritise your health. Secondly, I think of obesity more as a disease like alcoholism - alcoholics do not stop being alcoholics when they stop drinking, they just become sober. In the same way, losing the weight doesn't make us get rid of obesity - the signs are gone but the slippery slope in our minds will always be there and like you say, when life throws a lot at you, that's precisely when you tend to go back to food. The best part is that you don't need to start from scratch - you know what it takes: time, consistency, attention, discipline, effort... And a whole lot of good attitude!

Take the time to work on your relationship with food and rediscover your inner strength - it is clearly there. Good luck!!
  • lynney9
    lynney9 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Do something you have always wanted to do your wildest dream....i was a stay at home mom to three boys For ovet 18 years but i had me time too...for awhile i was in some bands part time, then took ballet, jazz and tap, something ive always wanted to do. i started to go to college on saturday mornings for law enforcement, took and trained for a police physical test and passed that was wild! i modeled last year..Now im an empty nester and last winter i got my phlebotomy technician certificate. I cant work cuz im having complications from my 5th back surgery but that wont get me down. im thinking of learning how to make candles and inscense and im volunteering. The world is your oyster girly. i dont know how little your girls are but you need mommy time too cuz your a happier and more relaxed mother after well they say that at M.O.P.S and i was☺ i wish you the best for your life!
  • lynney9
    lynney9 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    p.s that was to -MerenwenAgain
  • MerenwenAgain
    MerenwenAgain Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you to both of you.