Thoughts of death because of my weight

Options
tinaalisa15
tinaalisa15 Posts: 8 Member
edited October 2019 in Motivation and Support
Hi everyone! I am having thoughts of dying because of my weight! When I went to the doctor some weeks ago, I was 5'8 339 pounds! I also had high blood pressure that was due to some supplements I was taking. Since then, I have dropped 12 pounds in total and my blood pressure has dropped. I drink a gallon of water everyday since I started. I am now 5'8 and 327! 4 years ago, I did a diet and cut down tremendously only to gain more of it back. Then two years ago, I was 331 and dropped down to about 309 but then stopped! Now two years later, I am back again, and all of a sudden, I find it harder to lose weight. Not that my body is not losing it but because of other distractions. For example, I usually have my cheat meal on weekends, but each Friday since I started my diet have been busy. I am off from work and will see my boyfriend for the weekend, and we often like to lounge watch movies and eat foods that are high in carbs and calories like pizza! It seems as if my scale keeps getting stuck between 327 and 330 because I can't complete a five-day workout and meal plan. I am 27 and fear that once I am 30 years old, the weight will be harder to drop and I will soon get too overweight and die in my sleep. I also deal with fibroids which are growths on the uterus and no doubt this is due to being overweight or the foods I once ate! I also at a tuna salad for lunch and I stepped on the scaled and it jumped up to 331! Maybe its the water I consumed but I am getting discouraged

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    lynda has good advice.
    i would also recommend seeing a therapist. it might help with the journey. depression is common. it can help you redefine your relationship with food too. maybe look for a therapist that specializes in food disorders(not saying you have one but their expertise would be useful in your weight loss journey)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    You need to get serious and go all in and commit to your weight loss. You can do it. share with your boyfriend that you need to stick to your plan all the time and get the weight off. You can't start off with cheat meals that throw you off plan.
  • fairytale_babe
    fairytale_babe Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared! Be determined! You can do so this! It's completely normal for all of us to slip up, sometimes more often than some (me). But you know what don't stress it, tomorrow's a new day. Just keep going. Even when you think you've failed. Brush it off. You're only human! Someone who's at least trying. Just try everyday. You got this girl! ❤
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    It’s not harder at any age. What it takes is eating less calories than your body burns. I did it at age 20, age 32, than at age 60. I believed the myth that it’s hard to lose weight after 40, and didn’t even try. Until I found MFP. I figured if other people were doing it, so could I. So can you. What it takes, if there are no medical issues, is consistency, determination, accurate weighing, measuring and logging of all foods and beverages and staying at a calorie deficit. It’s simple., but not necessarily easy.

There’s a lot of good advice on this thread , and the stickies in particular. You are worth every bit of effort it takes!
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Make a plan, and get started.
    It helps me feel better knowing I have a strategy.

That plan does not have to mean changing everything at once, it can be a bit overwhelming that way.

Small things - could you and your partner go for a walk instead of watching movies?
    Could you do some online research and find some tasty low calorie recipes to try making for dinner?
    Could you fit in a swim/ walk/ gym session or whatever 3 times next week?

It doesn't have to be all or nothing, it is entirely within your power to make some changes that will reduce your weight and improve your health.
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Do you have a friend or sibling that you can have as an accountability partner? I find that getting direct support can be helpful. You might also try WW (formerly Weight Watchers) mainly for the weekly classes. When I was your age and starting to work on getting weight off I found WW very helpful. The weigh in was an exciting part of the week and it gave accountability. The classes were helpful because other members shared ideas and best practices. Support is essential IMO.
  • tinaalisa15
    Options
    Hey, guys here is an update! So I manage to lose inches and I realized this when I put on a pair of jeans and notice they were a tad bit looser than before. I did manage to have a cheat meal and will start my regimen again tomorrow. Thanks for all of the support. It has really motivated me and I will keep going
  • tinaalisa15
    Options
    So far I have lost a total of 15 pounds and I will start logging and counting my calories
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I hear anxiety in your post (and especially your title!). I've been there. It's definitely a detriment to the weight loss process. You might consider working on that at the same time as watching your food and getting more active.

ETA: Congrats on your success so far!
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Good info here. I will add one thing. Change your lifestyle to one you can maintain in the long run. If you are worried about metabolic slowing, lift. Lifting weights help maintain lean mass while dieting, increase insulin sensitivity, strengthens bones as we age, and DOES NOT MAKE YOU BULKY. I mean unless you are like me and want to be bulky. Oh course as @seltzermint555 can attest. My cure for everything is lift heavy things! 😏