Looking for partners in crime (or partners in losing 70lbs!!)

Hi, I'm new to the boards though I've been on MFP for years but never successfully.

I've tried VLCD (Cambridge plan) and they work - for the few weeks you can maintain them!

Now I have 70lbs to get to my healthy BMI. I joined WW, but find myself coming here instead. 2 weeks in and the scales are starting to shift.

It is a long haul. Does anyone want to join me? I'm 41, live in the UK and am planning on going slowly but surely. I can't exercise other than swimming due to a bad ankle. So it is food tracking for me.

Replies

• Usman70lbs
    Usman70lbs Posts: 24 Member
    Hello I am also looking to lose 70lbs after gaining it over several years. I have had a few false starts in my quest to do so. This time I plan to log everything daily over at least 100 days no matter what I eat. I'm happy for you to add me as a freind.
  • emspence14
    emspence14 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi! I’m starting today with the goal to track everything no matter what! I have about 45 to lose and I’m tired of the yo-yo dieting. Having an accountability partner would definitely help!
  • LLepp
    LLepp Posts: 4 Member
    I'm with yall... 40lb would be great and 70lb would be amazing! I really want another baby but need to get healthier, we did infertility with our first and want the best chances to try for # 2. Hope it's okay if I add yall also, I need all the support I can get!!!!
  • Usman70lbs
    LLepp wrote: »
    I'm with yall... 40lb would be great and 70lb would be amazing! I really want another baby but need to get healthier, we did infertility with our first and want the best chances to try for # 2. Hope it's okay if I add yall also, I need all the support I can get!!!!

Yes that's fine. Good luck
  • VRKF71
    VRKF71 Posts: 4 Member
    I need to lose about 50 myself. I’m super lazy most days. I’m trying to change that. I’m logging every bite no matter how bad it reflects on me. I’d be more than happy to have an accountability buddy.
  • GlenStevens
    GlenStevens Posts: 16 Member
    I need to lose about 3stone I have been dieting for years with out much luck and I was told about MFP by my sister in-law and she swears by it so have downloaded it and with a lot of help I would love to reach my goals any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated
  • Usman70lbs
    How is everyone doing 3 days later?

What has everyone found to be good support/motivation on MFP so far?
  • Chris_J99
    Chris_J99 Posts: 175 Member
    Lost a couple of pounds this week so I am happy. It’s going in the right direction. Managed to avoid all of the biscuits and sweets in the office all week. Roll on next week!!!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,254 Member
    Lost a couple of pounds this week so I am happy. It’s going in the right direction. Managed to avoid all of the biscuits and sweets in the office all week. Roll on next week!!!

Well done😀
  • christinaderoche
    christinaderoche Posts: 1 Member
    I need an accountability partner. I know what to do but I stress eat. Can someone add me and help please!!?? I just need someone to keep me motivated.
  • Hates2run
    Hates2run Posts: 20 Member
    Feel feee to add me. I’m 35 pounds down in 5 months with another 50+ to lose. 💪🏼
  • vchatelain
    vchatelain Posts: 3 Member
    I've just stated. I'm looking to drop 40#
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,254 Member
    Hi all, let's have a great week ahead, I am currently doing a 21 day workout routine my daughter got me and barefoot cardio which I use from you tube,, i also if weather permitting walk the dogs everyday 2 /3 miles.
    Find someting that works for you mix and match your exercise routines, you can do it believe in yourself and if you have s bad day chalk it down to experience 😀
  • VictorSmashes
    VictorSmashes Posts: 173 Member
    Yes! My scale says 199 lbs today (about 27 lbs lost this year since my high in May) so as of now I have at least 65-70 lbs (if not more) to lose to get to goal! Because of pain I am currently on the “flailing around” workout plan technique. Bright side is my muscles have always been easy to build, down side is it’s quick to get to a workout plateau that way. I am working on getting back to logging— it works as long as I have time to do so.
  • Rockerchick72
    Rockerchick72 Posts: 15 Member
    Hi. Please feel free to add me as a friend peeps! I started the keto life style a smidge over two months ago and I am down 19.6 pounds. I'm doing more of a lazy or keto program but it's working so far. I'm in NJ. I used to use this app a lot but kinda forgot about it...but I'm back!
  • emmiecatherine
    emmiecatherine Posts: 5 Member
    LLepp wrote: »

Can I add you??? I am also trying to get off roughly that amount of weight to try for baby #2!
  • LiliesFitness
    LiliesFitness Posts: 4 Member
    Yes please
  • sugarcoated2015
    sugarcoated2015 Posts: 89 Member
    Hi, I want to join. Last year I was 140 lbs but after massive heartbreak and switching jobs I gained so much weight. dude i am back at 200 lbs... I don't want to let myself go like this. Hopefully we can all lose weight and get healthy together!
  • Chris_J99
    Chris_J99 Posts: 175 Member
    Welcome friends! We can do this together. We can encourage and motivate each other 😁😁💪🏼
  • nrs101364
    nrs101364 Posts: 343 Member
    I'm in-got 74 to go!