Hey howdy hey, y'all.

Options
Hi guys.

This is probably my... third go-around at using MFP after having some success previously and one of the things I realized when evaluating my attempts was that when I was successful, it was because I was active in the MFP community... so here I am!

A little about me...

I'm a 33 year old single mama who gained about 50 lbs in a year due to depression and a sedentary job with access to the most unhealthy snacks ever. I was already a little heavier than I wanted to be and in December of '18, I got very real with myself about how bad I'd let myself go in an attempt to get myself back on track.

At my highest weight, I was pushing 250 lbs.

In March, I started seeing a weight loss doctor who put me on low carb and prescribed me with Phetermine to help control my appetite, but I talked to my regular doctor about switching to counting calories because I stalled out on low carb because I just got tired of it.

So here I am. I'm currently 215 lbs and my "goal" is 165 lbs, but I'm just going to take it a pound at a time. I'd really like to create a support group, so if anyone takes the time to read this, I'd love it if you'd send me a friend request!

Replies

• 1eyejack
    1eyejack Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello It's probably 6th -7th go=around at it. A lack of mental toughness and self discipline has led to my failure at my weight loss journey. I'm David CW 370lbs- GW 200lbs. Always looking for new friends To help support and motivate each other. Feel free and add. Good luck on your journey.
  • Chris_J99
    Chris_J99 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi! There is a ‘Motivation and Support ‘ thread that has some lovely people posting in it. I have found some great new motivation buddies there. They always have an encouraging message for me. 😁💪🏼❤️
  • SageJJ93
    SageJJ93 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I sent a request!😁