Gastric band and plication

Options
Hi all,

Has anyone else here gone through weight loss surgery? I am booked in for a band and plication on Wednesday and would like to make new friends here. Anyone welcome, especially those who have gone through surgery.

I’m struggling with the pre-op diet (optifast) and need to manage my diet post-op as well. I’m a very fussy eater and that’s probably why I’ve ended up where I am.

I need to lose a substantial amount of weight, mostly for my health. The next twelve months or so are going to be brutal!

Jess xx

Replies

• PTA4LYF
    PTA4LYF Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    please feel free to add me
  • jeslz
    jeslz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I am now three days post surgery and all is going well I think. In a bit of pain but that is to be expected. Down 11.2kg total, so not to bad so far. Another 40-50kg to go!
  • PTA4LYF
    PTA4LYF Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    glad to hear you are doing well take everything one day at a time the pain will pass lucky for me i had none but did have some nausea. please reach out to me for support. im 5.5 weeks post surgery and have disposed of 58 pounds.
  • Rhumax67
    Rhumax67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Some of you folks should start a blog. I'm not going to have surgery but I think a blog could be useful for anyone who is considering it. :)
  • keytracker51
    keytracker51 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I had bariatric duodenal switch surgery 4 years ago and between that tool and MFP and lots of exercise (5 days on average) lost over 200 pounds. I am/was a stress water. But this app helps tremendously and was recommended to me by my PCP.
  • jeslz
    Options
    Rhumax67 wrote: »
    Some of you folks should start a blog. I'm not going to have surgery but I think a blog could be useful for anyone who is considering it. :)

I’d love to do a blog! I’d love to be a writer but I have no faith in my abilities haha. Maybe one day
  • jeslz
    Options
    I had bariatric duodenal switch surgery 4 years ago and between that tool and MFP and lots of exercise (5 days on average) lost over 200 pounds. I am/was a stress water. But this app helps tremendously and was recommended to me by my PCP.

Congrats, that’s amazing! I’ll hopefully be back into the exercise when I’m all healed up, I want to be decently fit for next hockey season (field hockey) :) we’ve just bought a treadmill too, so will have that and the stationary bike set up.