I need a good kick and i am just the right person to do it!

Options
I've just looked at my first properly completed food diary today and i need a right good kicking!

To spend 1000 calories on snacks is ridiculous and i wonder why my protein levels are low?

Well no more! My calories will have more input into meals and my snacks come in the form of nibbling protein based/rich snacks.

Hanging my head in shame right now....

Replies

• cedarparkmom
    cedarparkmom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    See, though....the point is that YOU LOOKED and now you know you can do better!! Great job recognizing where you're going wrong. Hang in there...all good things in time!
  • anthrograd
    anthrograd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    No shame allowed! You are doing great! If we don't have those empty snack calories, then we feel deprived. I just started this journey for the umpteenth time and it looks like you have done marvelously, so you inspire me! Keep up the good work!
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Here's the great thing... YOU looked at your diary and actually analyzed it instead of just blindly logging. YOU used the app/website the way it was intended. YOU are on your way to successfully achieving your goals. So pick your chin up and do it! You've just made one HUGE step...acknowledging the issue.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem but I recently replaced the snacks with fruits and veggies. I know it doesn't sound all that appealing but actually now that I've been doing it for a couple days I'm actually enjoying it. I highly recommend the acidic fruits like pineapple, grapefruit, oranges etc. I've been told the acid in the fruit actually burns through fat. Also because I've stopped drinking any form of soda and replaced it with just water it's been getting a little old so I've started to add freshly squeezed lime, lemon, and orange juice to it. It gives it that extra kick and allows me to drink more. Good luck.
  • cheekymonkeyface
    cheekymonkeyface Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love fruit and don't mind celery and cucumber to nibble on raw. But water is a no no for me, not unless it has no added sugar cordial in it. The thought of drinking water that didn't come inside coffee/tea or juice makes me want to throw up, bad experience as a child.

As for 'soda', i am unable to drink carbonated drinks, i had a gastric bypass 14 months ago and there are a few basic rules!

1. Never drink 30 minutes before or after eating.

2. Always protein first.

3. No fizzy/carbonated drinks, my small stomach couldn't hold it, it would either make it stretch or be like Mount Versuvius going off and that wouldn't be pretty.

Thank you all for pointing out that just because i've had a bad day i've at least recognised it.

Which makes me feel a lot better now :)