Replies

• GetZet
    GetZet Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Excellent. Let's do this!
  • GetZet
    Options
    I'm debating on whether to shamelessly rip a workout from the "What Was Your Work Out Today?" thread to try (firef1y72 is apparently a beast!) or YouTube a dance workout after getting in a 30 minute warmup later today. Will of course give a report-out end of day.

So far, the only trouble I'm having is not what I expected. I thought motivation would be tough to keep up, but I've been mentally preparing for this longer than I realized. No, my problem is that in throwing 2-4 handfuls of leafy greens into every meal, I'm filling up and feeling fine but not getting the caloric intake needed to maintain minimal muscle build, and there are only so many apples or whole wheat tortillas I can eat in a day. I tend to turn to a handful of crisps just to get that number over 1000 calories each day--whether I want to eat them or not. Good problem to have, I guess, but I have to laugh at it.
  • redeve17
    redeve17 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    @janinemarie830 add me on snap - redeve17 - am on this for real this time, I have been yoyoing since 18, am 30s
  • gagamonroe
    gagamonroe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose 30 pounds!
  • GetZet
    Options
    October 16 report out. Decided to try a routine found in another thread. It kicked my butt! And there’s a lot of room for improvement. Here following:

Boxing to warm up then the main event. Starting at 10 working down to 1 and then back up, amrap.
    Punches
    Jacks
    Press ups
    Froggers
    Shoulder taps
    Squat jumps
    Lunges
    Burpees
    Star jumps
    Sprint.
  • redeve17
    Options
    @GetZet Wow, how long did this routine take, sounds like a heated session, similar to insanity. I wouldn't be fill.ing up calorie with crisps, maybe try fill up with a protein which is good for muscle building. Do you lift weights?
    @gagamonroe Similar to me, I am looking to burn off 40lbs over the next few months. I started this week on VLCD and lost 4pounds already. I will continue with VLCD for one more week and then up my cals to 1200 per day with 1 hour of exercise(lift weight or running or cardio)

How is everyone getting on with hunger pangs?
  • GetZet
    Options
    Oh, I only finished three full rounds with good form. My burpees were a joke by round 4, and I left weights completely alone by round 5. Ended up finishing what I could—jumps, squats and sprints—and jello-muscle moved to the shower. That workout kicked my butt, no doubt. But I consider it a good benchmark test. I’ll retry the same thing in two months just to see if I can complete it.

Maintenance caloric intake for me would be 2100 calories a day. I aim for 1200 but don’t beat myself up if I go over. That’s about as low as I can safely go without my body burning muscle for fuel instead of fat. I don’t get hunger pains unless I dip below 1000. When I stay below 1000 for more than a day or two though, I’m more likely to slide down a wall and pass out. I’m committed to doing this the healthy way.
  • GetZet
    Options
    Oct 17 report out: took dogs to a park and ran hills. The steeper the incline, the more determined I was not to stop running. Downhill was always a sprint; two big boys on leashes saw to that. Walk a bit, encounter another hill and run up. Kept it up for an hour. Dogs rebelled after that.
  • redeve17
    Options
    Welldone you @GetZet, the healthy way is Key
    I have met my first week target so I am on week 2.
    Still VLCD..800cals and feeling hungry sadly
  • GetZet
    Options
    Oct18: total wash. Timing was off all day and a missed meal sent me spiraling. Caloric intake remained healthy in the 1100 range.

Oct19: visited farm at higher elevation and hiked most of it, taking care to cover every mountainous path. Spent nearly four hours there. Actively clambered about on mountain paths for two of them. Still steady at somewhere around 1200 calories.

You may be hungry all the time because 800 calories a day is at the edge of starvation rations. Basic maintenance intake is your weight times 10. (Ex: weight 150, calories to maintain body through quiet day is 1500.) Calorie deficit does help, but dropping below 1200 a day for women or 1500 daily for men can be unwise if done for lengths of time.
  • jozeemom
    jozeemom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for support (preferably in the US). I am over 50 and have 100 pounds to lose. Anyone want to be friends.
  • redeve17
    Options
    I know but I have been on this journey too long and am happy to be seeing results quickly on VLCD,

Starting weight 83KG
    Current weight 79kg

I have this new week on VLCD then am switching to 1200cals with Intermittent fasting

I went to the gym today and lifted weights

I am feeling happy today
  • redeve17
    Options
    @jozeemom We friends already, share your daily diary and plans to hit your goals on here
  • redeve17
    Options
    @bisiabiola18 Please join us here
  • GetZet
    Options
    Well done! Weights are fun.

Yesterday was a wash. Today I found myself with a bevy of pre-teens so hied us off to a park with steep trails. Spent one solid hour pushing them uphill, sprinting ahead and repeating.

I’ve managed to stay within caloric range of 1000-1300, usually hovering in the 1100s, for a month now. I’m pleased, as it means that even on those occasional 20-hour stretches of soothing egos, I’m still trending in the right direction.

I could really use a heavy bag session and some weight work for my sanity.
  • redeve17
    Options
    That pushing uphill sounds like a 1000calorie burn session, ha ha ha
    Glad to hear you are within range with eating, are you feeling hungry
    Yesterday was good for me, I was fasting for spiritual reasons and broke my fast about 5pm in the evening. Ate some food till about 7 and that was it

My stomach feels so flat, I feel shrunken behind the wheels of my car!!I think I have found the perfect fat burning solution this time!!!
  • GetZet
    Options
    That uphill push may have been a heavy calorie burn; I tend to underestimate the work I put in to be better pleased with the results later.

Not feeling hungry at all. My body took a bit of adjusting to the amount of lentils, beans and leafy greens I've been shoving at it. I've been relatively healthy food-wise for years but relative isn't a high bar in the U.S. Getting enough leafy greens has been a struggle as it means I'm eating meals more frequently, something I'm not used to.

Congratulations on your fast, and on going about it in a healthy way. I love the meditative state gained with fasting; the deep appreciation for matters I don't even realize I take for granted.

Congrats on the slimmer stomach! Lovely feeling, isn't it? My scale at home is broken so I'm forced to wait a few weeks between weigh ins, but this seems like a better approach as I can feel the inches I'm losing in how my clothing fits. Scales tell a part of the story, not all of it. Hitting a plateau is actually a good thing on the scale because it means muscle is being built where fat once was, but it can be a hit to the morale.
  • redeve17
    Options
    @bisiabiola18 Read this about plateuing from @GetZet - Congrats on the slimmer stomach! Lovely feeling, isn't it? My scale at home is broken so I'm forced to wait a few weeks between weigh ins, but this seems like a better approach as I can feel the inches I'm losing in how my clothing fits. Scales tell a part of the story, not all of it. Hitting a plateau is actually a good thing on the scale because it means muscle is being built where fat once was, but it can be a hit to the morale.

Today is going on okay!!! I just want the inches lost, and you are right to say the scale just says part of the story.

Let's all keep motivated and no giving up!!!

I am travelling abroad from next week and may be hard to keep up due to intermittent internet access but I will try hard
  • GetZet
    Options
    I have *not* fallen off the earth, nor have I given up. I’ve just been neighborhood mom for a longer turn than usual. Will be on here again to post measurements and look for peace or inspiration soon
  • redeve17
    Options
    Hi @GetZet How are we getting on? I have been a bit out of action because I have been eating over allowed daily target. But I am back on this week.

Its my week 3 today!!! Yippy