Calorie goal and stats

Options
I was wondering what everyone’s calorie goal and their personal stats are (age, weight, height, activity level) to compare :)

Replies

• Cyberbartender
    Cyberbartender Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Well my goal is 2200. I am 43, 183 cm high. Weight. 114 and going down :)
    I am very active. Walk alot. So sometimes I get some extra.

It works for me :)
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    1400 not counting exercise. I’m just under 5 feet and maintaining at 110-115 lb. after losing 100 pounds.

My exercise calories vary a lot from day to day. I might burn very little on a strength and yoga day, or 1000+ on a long run.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,853 Member
    Options
    In year 4 of maintenance at 5'5", weight mid-130s pounds, age 63, sedentary or close outside of intentional exercise (retired). Eating 1850 plus exercise most days (which means 2100 +/- most of the time), and over that occasionally. I think my average maintenance TDEE is in the low 2000s somewhere, probably 2300-ish. It's an unusual thing, but MFP underestimates my maintenance calories (so does my Garmin Vivoactive 3) by quite a lot, but results trump MFP or tracker estimates.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Weight: 131.8 lbs down from 142.5 lbs (beginning of May)
    Goal: 120-125 lbs
    Height: 5'3"
    Calories: set to 1300 to lose .5 lb/week
    Activity level: between sedentary and lightly active plus 50-200 calories burned via exercise daily
    Generally fall shy of calorie goal with net calories of 1250. Since loss rate is on track, I haven't made much effort to work in more calories.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Calorie Goal: 1200 - 1300
    Height: 5’0
    Activity Level: Sedentary and then add exercise calories.

I always have added calories from exercise though. So I rarely ever eat just 1200-1300 calories.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Calorie Goal: 1460, representing a 750 cal/day deficit per MFP estimate (For now - will probably adjust after doctor's appointment Thursday if I'm allowed to start adding heavy lifting back into my workout schedule.)
    Height: 5'4
    Current weight: 162ish
    Target weight: 135-145ish depending on body fat percentage when I get into range. I like to be <20% body fat and don't much care about the actual weight I have to maintain to hold that aesthetic.
    Activity Level: Active (12k-14k average steps per day, 6 days a week)

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i use a TDEE to factor in my workouts - since i have a pretty set routine - but avg 2800cal a day - female/5'3"/165lbs - long distance cyclist etc
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    My calorie goal is to eat slightly fewer calories than I use. That should be everyone's calorie goal. (provided they're trying to lose weight)

Don't compare yourself to anyone else. It's never works out well.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 2,000 Member
    Options
    I choose to allow myself a range depending on my activity that day, or how hungry I am, or how much of a deficit I think I can manage.

So, that being said:
    5' 7", F, 41
    Workout 3-5x/week, plus at least one fairly active weekend day.
    Desk job
    1600-1900 kcal/day, if I stay in that range, I successfully lose pretty consistently.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what my numbers will do for you. It is better to pick a number and go and not overthink it. In 4 to 6 weeks check your progress and then adjust your calories up or down if needed so that you lose at the right rate.

There may be a part of you that is worried that you will waste time eating the wrong number of calories. Chances if you go with MFP numbers you will be very close and need little or any adjustment. One outcome is that you lose slightly slower than you intended but you still learn what you need to learn. The only danger here is eating too little and being often or constantly fatigued. If that happens you are very likely eating too little for your activity or not eating enough exercise calories back.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    F 31 5'1'' 133lbs, sedentary, calorie goal w/o exercise 1,320. I'm a pretty hit-and-miss exerciser so I factor it in on the days I actually exercise.
  • yuko0407
    yuko0407 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm short, (quite) old and sedentary: the worst combination! 5'3", 52 yo, desk job and never workout. Occasionally light workouts at home (bodyweight) but so rare that I don't count them in my allowed calories. I'm around 1250 cal/day and lost 10 kg at a pretty constant pace. I'm now almost at maintenance :)
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Female, age 34, 5'6", 194lbs, sedentary, 1635 calories to lose 0.75lb/week.