Hello guys I’m new to this app

Options
ghernandez86
ghernandez86 Posts: 4 Member
edited October 2019 in Introduce Yourself
I really want to start my journey but I don’t know where to start or how to start . So if anyone wants to help me out please do I need some direction please !!

Replies

• hchapple15
    hchapple15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've used this app before and just getting back into it ! It's fairly simple, it may feel overwhelming but find and add friends who are starting out and use each other to stay motivated! :)
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Buy a food scale. Weigh everything you eat and log into the food diary.

Good luck with your journey!
  • Rco618
    Rco618 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Add me:)
  • MarissaRiv23
    MarissaRiv23 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome to MFP! Make sure to follow the calorie suggestions and start moving your body. That can be anything from walking, aerobics classes etc... Following the calorie suggestions has helped me lose a lot of weight. Best of luck! ❤️
  • Usman70lbs
    Usman70lbs Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I really want to start my journey but I don’t know where to start or how to start . So if anyone wants to help me out please do I need some direction please !!

Hello and welcome. When I first started I stopped using it after a few weeks just because it was overwhelming.

I would recommend just starting to log EVERYTHING you eat. If it's got a bar code or comes out of a packet, just scan it or input the information along with the amount you've had. If it doesn't just search for it and add it to your diary.

Then when you know how much you're consuming over a week or daily, make small steps to make it so that it is geared towards the goals you have.

Remember it's a marathon not a sprint!
  • aracely2224
    aracely2224 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP has helped me achieve my goals with the calorie count. I’m cheering for you!

You can do it! 🌺
  • gaz_bwn252
    gaz_bwn252 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Same here good luck all x