Definitely not new. But hi!

Options
I joined this app in like 2012, but still have never reached my goal and was a bit nervous to make friends and reach out because they would see my failures each and everytime but I don't care anymore. I'm going to have slip ups but I need to be accountable! Can you guys share your success stories using this app? :)

Replies

• gemiller87
    gemiller87 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Failure isn't permanent. It's not the end of the world to slip up at all! I bet if you look at every success story there were periods of doubt and failure. One of the things they are adamant about in the program i'm doing through my health insurance is setting short term attainable goals week by week to help make continued progress. If you set the bar where it feels so far away it's hard to stay motivated compared to something you can check off every week! Good luck!
  • CharlieBriscoe
    CharlieBriscoe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    gemiller87 wrote: »
    Failure isn't permanent. It's not the end of the world to slip up at all! I bet if you look at every success story there were periods of doubt and failure. One of the things they are adamant about in the program i'm doing through my health insurance is setting short term attainable goals week by week to help make continued progress. If you set the bar where it feels so far away it's hard to stay motivated compared to something you can check off every week! Good luck!

Thank you for that, and the week by week approach seems so much easier than looking at the long term goal. I don't know why I didn't think of that before if I'm honest. As I'm getting older as well, it's getting less about the number on the scale and more about how I feel about myself and internally. Eating crappy makes you feel crappy! Thank you for your motivation
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Hey @CharlieBriscoe & @gemiller87 !

I’ve been off and on MFP too - the best thing I got from the app was a small group of dedicated positive friends who were invested in health. Overall - I’m down 50 lbs from my heaviest. I’ve managed to keep it off. I have some lingering pudge (10-15 vanity lbs) that I’m working on - through diet and exercise. I agree short term goals are easiest to attain and they add up! Once I got into the zone it was easier to stay there.

Looking forward to hearing about both of your successes! 👍🏻👍🏻