first semi long walk in a looong time

Options
at 240 lbs and 5 feet tall, just walking is tiring for me. but yesterday i took about a 20 minute walk (short changed myself in my exercise diary) and today, i took a 32 minute walk, and i didnt even feel that winded or sweaty AND ITS ONLY DAY 2! i feel a million times better already from just taking a walk today. it made me feel a little healthier. i really hope that everyday i do this, it doesnt start to feel old. i think im gonna push it just a little more everyday, so it still feels new! for tomorrow, my goal is 35 minutes!

Replies

• My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! You can do it!!!
  • em1976
    em1976 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well done,very proud of you!
  • jinxmom2003
    Options
    Good job! And after a while you will find that you really miss it if you don't have time for that daily walk.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Well done! It's hard to take the first few steps, but so rewarding. You'll be an exercise addict in no time. :-)
  • sldavis73
    Options
    It does come quite addicting... I have really grown to love it in a month.. You will get stronger and stronger! Good Luck :)
  • jamieannmcgee
    Options
    thank you everyone!! makes me feel even better when people are proud of me and encourage me! i love this site, its really helping!!
  • jjs22
    jjs22 Posts: 156
    Options
    I think walking is awesome!

Any time I've tried indoor cardio I could never stand the boredom and drudgery. (Too much like dancing! ) But with walking, after you get used to it, it starts to be automatic.