OCD?

Options
Do you think that counting calories and doing food logs 24/7, 7 days a week eventually turns into an OCD habit??

Replies

• LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Most likely not. OCD has to do with anxiety, not habit.
  • blakesummerlin
    Options
    i have OCD. it does bother me not to log, but its not as bad as my actual diagnosis of symptoms.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I'm not OCD, I am CDO - which is kind of like OCD, but alphabetized, the way it should be :P
  • Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Why not? If the results are what you like to see in the mirror and how you feel. I switched one bad habit: drinks, for MFP, just changed habits, hehe no additional ones, though. Plus, I like our exchange. It is hard to meet serious fitness people in real life. Even at the gym, 99 % don't look the way, I'd need their advice. So coming here is beneficial to me in all respects.
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I've actually been diagnosed with OCD and have to admit that it does bother me if I don't log in and count calories. I also can't stand to see the red numbers screaming at me that I'm going over and force myself to exercise more on those days.

Only time in my life OCD has actually helped rather than hinder :smile:
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I think my dog has OCD.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I figure if I get a little obsessed about counting calories, etc it a heck of a lot better than other habits I used to have.
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    i've been criticized for it and called OCD but usually those are haters and they are jealous. And i think that this has been said before. there are far worse things that i could be called so its okay!
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    I think i have OCD cuz when i dont think i can log i freak out!!!
  • brazilian27
    Options
    yes... :( I really I do have OCD...hate that feeling but I will work on it once I got my goals
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I'd rather be obsessing over counting calories than obsessing over food itself. I'm a compulsive person, so at least it is for good now! There were a couple people that thought I was crazy until I lost 20 pounds in 2 months (14 since starting here).
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I think it does have it's draw backs at times...Sometimes I feel wayy more aware than the people around me of the caloric intake of what they're eating and I just look at them in horror when they shove downa 1200 calorie salad and thing it's a good choice.. all in all I'd rather be more aware of healthy choices than the need to constantly consume like I was...But I know how to take a break. I'm a little OCD about logging onto MFP though cause I don't want to lose my count lol
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I'm not OCD, I am CDO - which is kind of like OCD, but alphabetized, the way it should be :P

i can relate to this :drinker:
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    The way I look at it, is it's only a disorder if it bothers other people. Now I have to go wash my hands. Again. And again. And again.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Why not? If the results are what you like to see in the mirror and how you feel. I switched one bad habit: drinks, for MFP, just changed habits, hehe no additional ones, though. Plus, I like our exchange. It is hard to meet serious fitness people in real life. Even at the gym, 99 % don't look the way, I'd need their advice. So coming here is beneficial to me in all respects.

HOLY CRAP your abs are awesome.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I'm too ADD to be OCD... like, seriously.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

you can be both. i'm pretty sure i'm both.
  • odusgolp
    Options

you can be both. i'm pretty sure i'm both.

You f***ing overachiever.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I think it does have it's draw backs at times...Sometimes I feel wayy more aware than the people around me of the caloric intake of what they're eating and I just look at them in horror when they shove downa 1200 calorie salad and thing it's a good choice.. all in all I'd rather be more aware of healthy choices than the need to constantly consume like I was...But I know how to take a break. I'm a little OCD about logging onto MFP though cause I don't want to lose my count lol

agree with this.

I've been logging on this site and others for over 4 years now. I can't really see a reason to stop as I like experimenting with different things. And being an accountant, I do like the numbers/graphs :tongue:
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    hmm.. the first time i did it it felt like it was just another eating disorder, and i would try to get my calories absolutely low as possible and freak out if i even got to like, 1268. the way i was feeling bothered me so much that i stopped for a year -_- it feels much more fluid this time- i'm taking small steps, not eating a huge variety of foods so i know all the calorie counts before i enter them, and it's not like i'm busy or anything so it's not a burden on me.

i think it just depends on the attitude you go in with- if you're prone to freaking out about extra calories, then it might not be good for you. but if you accept that sometimes you're gonna be under, sometimes you're gonna be over, and it will likely even out in the end- for me, that approach causes a lot less stress :)

off topic, why do i keep making superlong posts wth ;_;