Favorite way to serve Couscous?

Options
I am looking for your favorite ingredients or ways you serve couscous. I cooked a batch of whole wheat style in low sodium chicken broth and added some garlic, chives and parsley. Now I need help with dressing it up to make a complete meal (hot or cold).

Replies

• teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I put a scoop of cous cous in a bowl with a handful of spinach leaves (any vegetable you like), chicken, and pour hot chicken broth on it. It's great. But I don't add it to soup because it will continue to absorb so much liquid that it gets mushy. I also toss pine nuts and raisins in it as well. The sky is the limit.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I make lemon couscous w/ salmon & peas. YUMMY! Usually I'll add about a cup of peas to my serving of couscous, mix it up and then add my salmon on top. I call it my Salmon Bowl (how original, huh?) LOL It's really great and makes great leftovers for lunch too! ;)
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    there is a GREAT recipe on cookinglight.com for a meditteranean style, it has some grilled veggies, squash, peppers, broccoli tomatoes and feta cheese crumples, it is delicious!!
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    i have a favorite fish n couscous dish... so take a fillet of fish...put it in a piece of foil big enough to cover and steam the fish... squeeze a lemon or 2 over it salt n pepper to taste, chop half an onion n put on top then top with parmesan cheese, put it in the oven at 375 for about 30 minutes depending on the size of the fish... now the couscous i prepare with some chicken broth... when the fish is all steamed an onions pretty soft you plate it over the couscous and the lemony juices seep into the couscous... yummm
  • jlrae
    jlrae Posts: 35
    Options
    BUMP!
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I like to serve it sitting down.