"Cheat" days....

Options
13»

Replies

• cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I have a "cheat" day once a week. I'll count the calories but I certainly don't stay within my calorie limit that's for sure!

I average about 1700 calories every day of the week, except my "bad" day where I usually have anywhere from 2400 - 3000 calories. I've actually found that it's quite effective for weight loss (for me) because it keeps my body guessing. Hahah...I love me some cheat days!!!
  • Natasha233
    Natasha233 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I cheat a lot - but then I end up making sure I work it off in the day to "kill" the extra calories. I am starting to watch these habits now though. Seems to defeat the purpose sigh. I think it is a psychological thing. If you simply change your diet to make it a lifestyle change, then you won't feel/care that you are cheating in the first place. Now - off to practice what I preach!
  • njbooklover
    njbooklover Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kiesh82
    kiesh82 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I don't do "cheat" days for a couple of reasons. 1) I want to avoid the "on diet" / "off diet" mentality. I need healthy eating to be a way of life and crap food to be few and far between for life if I hope to keep the weight off for good. 2) Cheat days completely undo my hard work all week. What's the point of only eating 1450 cals for 5-6 days only to consume 3k for a cheat day? Very counterintuitive.

However, if I'm totally craving a specific food I'll have it that once vs. a whole day of gluttony lol.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I never have 'cheat days', those calories are not worth it to me.

Great quote! I don't cheat really either. I think you can convince yourself that just because you aren't hitting your calories that you are winning. You're not!

I can eat 500 calories of healthy food or 500 calories of garbage. Even if I eat MORE healthy food I will have less body fat more muscle.

I would focus on more discipline until you his your goals. We all want junk food trust me but I decided not to really allow it to interfere with my long term goals!
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I don't do "cheat" days for a couple of reasons. 1) I want to avoid the "on diet" / "off diet" mentality. I need healthy eating to be a way of life and crap food to be few and far between for life if I hope to keep the weight off for good. 2) Cheat days completely undo my hard work all week. What's the point of only eating 1450 cals for 5-6 days only to consume 3k for a cheat day? Very counterintuitive.

However, if I'm totally craving a specific food I'll have it that once vs. a whole day of gluttony lol.

Great point!
  • uhoh_billy
    Options
    I don't really *need* cheat days, because if I'm reallllly craving something, I find a way to make it fit into my day. That way I don't feel like I'm on a "diet" but just like I'm being more conscious of what I eat, so I'm not always depriving myself of sweet, sweet chocolate.

That being said, I allow myself 1 day a month (August was bad bad bad... it was more like 5 days) where I do not log anything and I just eat whatever I'd like. I find that I still try to be like "Well if I'm going to have fish and chips for dinner, I should have just cereal for breakfast". But either way, I don't log it, and I allow myself one day a month to just be fat haha.
  • blonde20fan
    blonde20fan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days. I just eat a little bit of something I want when I want it.
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I don't have "cheat days" but if I go out to dinner - usually once a week, I get what I want to eat so I enjoy it. Going out with friends should be about having good food, tasty drinks and having fun. I just try to avoid the blatantly bad foods (chicken fingers, alfredo sauces).

Football season is going to necessitate a cheat meal every Sunday, though. The sports bar I go to has the greatest wings.
  • reinach31
    Options
    A co-worker brought homemade brownies(my fav dessert) ... I was trying to stay way - but couldn't resit! I am still under my calory count(1200) - and going to my bootcamp today - so I don't know if that would be food-cheating! :)