Anyone ever have this at work?

Options
TROUBLE2
TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
Dramarama:
A situation where one or more individuals choose to take a relatively benign event and turn it into a huge drama.
The result when certain individuals put effort into taking a minor happening and presenting it as though it were a big deal.
This often involves a lot of high pitched screams or expressions of outrage, the narrowing of eyes, forced tears, threats of various kinds, phone calls, email, blogging, etc..
It is not uncommon for a dramarama to become known to a vast amount of people within a very short time.

we just had one of the managers call an emergency meeting because someone got fired and she was affraid that people would get the wrong idea that we were laying off people instead of just one lazy *kitten* guy who wasnt pulling his own weight... she walked throughout the service and Engineering department snapping her fingers and saying "Emergency meeting in the training room, ASAP." then smapping her fingers again... which PROBABLY scared more people and created more confusion if she would have just emailed and called for a meeting this afternoon... or before lunch...

*Shakes head* :grumble: :huh:

Replies

• TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    Dramarama:
    A situation where one or more individuals choose to take a relatively benign event and turn it into a huge drama.
    The result when certain individuals put effort into taking a minor happening and presenting it as though it were a big deal.
    This often involves a lot of high pitched screams or expressions of outrage, the narrowing of eyes, forced tears, threats of various kinds, phone calls, email, blogging, etc..
    It is not uncommon for a dramarama to become known to a vast amount of people within a very short time.

we just had one of the managers call an emergency meeting because someone got fired and she was affraid that people would get the wrong idea that we were laying off people instead of just one lazy *kitten* guy who wasnt pulling his own weight... she walked throughout the service and Engineering department snapping her fingers and saying "Emergency meeting in the training room, ASAP." then smapping her fingers again... which PROBABLY scared more people and created more confusion if she would have just emailed and called for a meeting this afternoon... or before lunch...

*Shakes head* :grumble: :huh:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    HA! i think i am going to incorporate the finger snap! i bet ill get a GREAT reaction! lol!
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I think that would make a great soap opera title "Dramarama" sounds like everyday work life for me!
  • dinaanne
    Options
    As a matter of fact I have worked with this individual, actually probably not but someone very much like her.
    In my incident the women, manager, also was controlling and loved to have all of the attention on herself. She was constantly looking for ways to not be the bad guy and so if or when an incident happened in which it might appear that she was being to harsh or worse she tried to deflect all talking by holding these "emergency meetings".

We all just ammused her went to the meetings and then went back to work. However, I would strongly caution you that if there is screaming, yelling, and other displays of harrassment then she should be turned into your HR department.
    A great tactic I used to use to help me get past her episodes was to just tell myself that the episode "was so 3 minutes ago". So if someone woudl come to me wanting to talk about it or i would find myself still harping on it. I would tell that person that line and that would be that no more episode until the next time.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Well I don't think that the situation we had here is quite like yours...but I work in the inventory dept. with another woman and we have to credit or remove machines from the franchises inventory.... well we accidentally credited instead of removed and all HELL broke loose :noway:

The "Queen B" as I call her..(she works in AR) was trying to make it look like we ended the world or something... she was trying to boss us and she was just totally trying to be the biggest B ever... we have never had any problems until she decided to stick her nose into it. The problem was fixed in like 5 minutes but she had to make the biggest deal out of it.It was pretty bad, I have never been that angry at work.
    She was trying to change the way that we did the crediting/removing and being smart@$$ in her emails and we were not having any of it...and I hate when they think they are all big and bad and copy everybody and their brother on an email when obviously it doesn't involve them!! :mad: Anyways, she never responded to any of her emails and we got tired of it......:explode:

Well, I think she finally got put in her place tho and she didn't like it at all! :devil:
  • dinaanne
    Options
    I would watch my back with that ladie. (Having been in HR before this sounds all to familiar).