Why isn't this scale moving!!

Options
I've been doing this for a while and staying under 1,000 Calories a day and the scale is slowly moving! I'm also working out should I lower my daily caloric intake to 800?? Most of the time I have left over Calories. I feel like I'm working for nothing! :( Is this going on with anyone else?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for a while and staying under 1,000 Calories a day and the scale is slowly moving! I'm also working out should I lower my daily caloric intake to 800?? Most of the time I have left over Calories. I feel like I'm working for nothing! :( Is this going on with anyone else?
    Well it doesn't sound like you've been doing it right. You should have zero calories left over at the end of the day. If you're in the "green" you still have food to eat.
    Understand that your body will slow it's metabolism if it detects that output is much more than input.
  • xMissAprilx
    xMissAprilx Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Isn't this what people have been calling "starvation mode"? Not being sarcastic, just wondering.
  • h0taru
    h0taru Posts: 43
    Options
    You don't eat enough for your body, it is slowing down and "protect" itself from your too hard diet. Eat more and do more exercice.
  • stephanie1187
    Options
    you're not eating enough! your body is going into starvation mode and storing it!
  • h0taru
    h0taru Posts: 43
    Options
    Isn't this what people have been calling "starvation mode"? Not being sarcastic, just wondering.

Probably
  • tsmith6569
    Options
    You will not want to hear this but you are not eating enough. You should NOT lower it to 800 calories a day. When my scale gets stuck I up my calories to as much as 2000 a day (and I'm pretty small), then after a few days, reign it back in to 1200-1300 and more weight starts to fall off. I will throw in a few 1000 calorie days only every once in awhile, again when I need a jumpstart. It is truly all about fooling your body.
  • jcch00
    jcch00 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Staying under 1000 calories a day? Your supposed to be eating NO LESS than 1200 calories a day. You're putting your body into starvation mode. You need to be eating more, not less.
  • uh_ohes
    uh_ohes Posts: 2
    Options
    Anything below 1200 is starvation mode. Eat at least 1200 calories and exercise and burn at least 300-400 calories a day and you should be fine.
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    yes, you must eat to lose weight. God's funny little joke on us all!
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    This seems to be the most commonly asked question on here - people eating a tiny amount and then asking why they're not losing weight. As others have said it's because you're starving yourself and your body is clinging on to every bit of food it gets.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    1200 cal minimum is the number we have all read and learned by doing research and study, but I wonder, how did they come up with this number? everyone is different. If 1000 calories/day works for someone to lose weight, that might be the magic number for them. But I sense she is just not patient, and probably had a very small weight to lose to begin with.

Anyhow, adjusting to a lower number is not a good idea given 1000 is already really low. How about trying to incorparate some exercise?
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    yes, you must eat to lose weight. God's funny little joke on us all!

lol love this! how true though!!
  • Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    it may sound CRAZY to you but you NEED to EAT more to fuel your body properly to LOSE weight. You should NEVER go under 1200 calories.
  • msjac23
    msjac23 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You definitely should not be eating less than 1200 Calories a day. They are right any thing less is starving yourself and your body will not lose weight. You need to Eat to Lose.
  • ki4idb
    ki4idb Posts: 114
    Options
    it may sound CRAZY to you but you NEED to EAT more to fuel your body properly to LOSE weight. You should NEVER go under 1200 calories.

You should just change up your work out and trick your body ... but never go below 1200 calories!
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough ...
  • jenahaynes
    Options
    Thanks everyone so much! I really had no idea that was too little calories! I will try uping it to 1,200 and see if it helps. :happy: I really wasn't trying to starve myself just thought normal is 2,000 and I would half that and I'd be half of me lol! Thanks again!!
  • jenahaynes
    Options
    Albayin: You are right about me not being patient lol but you are very wrong that I didn't have much weight to lose in the first place lol, but thanks though it made me feel good lol! I have about 44 pounds to go to where I want to be. I've had three kids and am huge! I do need to incoprate more exercise most of my exercise comes from cleaning and pilates. I had brain surgery in January I have Chiari and it's hard to do all the moving around somedays. I don't have an excuse for walking though. Thanks :)
  • pipistrula
    Options
    Also don't forget that if you're exercising, you may be gaining muscle as you shed fat, too!
  • jenahaynes
    Options
    Oh I wish there was some muscle in there somewhere lol!