Help:Binged and scale went up !

Options
I weighed myself on Saturday morning at 195 pounds. Sunday I went on a ridiculous binge: I'd had a pretty stressful week. The next day I weighed at 198.6 pounds. I thought:no biggie, just eat healthier today. But I wish I could explain what possessed me as I basically went on a binge Monday and Tuesday, weighing in at 206 pounds(my starting weight from 3 months ago) by Tuesday night.
Yesterday I ate at around a deficit of 500 calories, but now I'm terrified to look at the scale. I'm slowly trying to get back to exercising after a long month of work stress, but now I feel like so demotivated. For figures, my least optimistic estimate would be 12000 calories over three days. My sedentary TDEE is around 1600 calories. Will this weight go down at all? I feel pudgy and bloated now :(

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Forgive yourself and move on. Life happens. If you are truly afraid to get on the scale and continue to binge, however, I'd suggest that you consider talking to a therapist.

Binging or not, you should log everything you eat in the food diary.

Good luck!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    hestavi wrote: »
    I weighed myself on Saturday morning at 195 pounds. Sunday I went on a ridiculous binge: I'd had a pretty stressful week. The next day I weighed at 198.6 pounds. I thought:no biggie, just eat healthier today. But I wish I could explain what possessed me as I basically went on a binge Monday and Tuesday, weighing in at 206 pounds(my starting weight from 3 months ago) by Tuesday night.
    Yesterday I ate at around a deficit of 500 calories, but now I'm terrified to look at the scale. I'm slowly trying to get back to exercising after a long month of work stress, but now I feel like so demotivated. For figures, my least optimistic estimate would be 12000 calories over three days. My sedentary TDEE is around 1600 calories. Will this weight go down at all? I feel pudgy and bloated now :(

The only way I can manage work stress is by regular exercise, so I encourage you to get back into exercise ASAP :)

I make it a priority and successfully created the habit of exercising every work day. It fits my scheduled to do it at lunch.