I find it funny that....

Options
I find it funny that when I was nearly 250lbs no one was concerned with my health and wellbeing but now that I am losing weight all I hear is “Don’t get to small, you don’t wanna look sick” or “Why are you trying to lose weight? You look fine to me”. Are you kidding me? When I used to order a Big Mac with extra sauce, large fries and a Coke you didn’t say a word. Not one word of caution telling me that I was slowly killing myself but now you are concerned that I won’t be as cute skinny as I am plus sized. You are financially concerned that I will have to buy all new clothes and how in the world will I afford that. I find it so funny that some people that are the closest to you are the ones that don’t want you to succeed. Sorry “friends” you can either roll with me or get rolled over because I am just getting started. Low 200’s here I come. :smile:

Replies

• nikkif87
    nikkif87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Sorry “friends” you can either roll with me or get rolled over because I am just getting started. Low 200’s here I come. :smile:

Love it! I totally agree with you. If they are your real friend, they would be supportive. Who cares about how much $ it will cost for new clothes? Thats one of the rewards of weight loss! You just rock it girl!! You can get all the support you need here:wink:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    So true!

Love your attitude! :drinker:
  • ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Options
    Hell yeah!!!!:drinker:
  • mags1983
    mags1983 Posts: 21
    Options
    AMEN to that! Good for you!
  • Laughnessie
    Laughnessie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So true! Kudos to you for speaking your mind!!!:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Ain't it the truth! You see, if you get in control of your life, it means that they have no excuse to get in control of theirs, lol! You go girl! Fight the power!
  • sandislim
    sandislim Posts: 264
    Options
    Very true, its the same for me - people aren't concerned for me until I'm losing weight. Its sad but true.
  • birdlover97111
    birdlover97111 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Amen and good luck on your journey..!!!!.. :flowerforyou:
  • jnettiedotson
    Options
    Jealousy. Haters. Let them hate, make you stronger girl :)
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I have experienced this before from friends and co-workers. Not the clothes thing (that's a new one!) but the "too sick" thing. The world thinks of chubby as healthy, always has. The problem is they've never seen us NOT chubby, so they think the healthy us looks sick!

I'd give them a pass on the sick thing, but not the clothes thing, that's just trying to discourage you from losing and it's so wrong!
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    I see this a lot with people having successes on MFP. So sad that the people we call our friends get that jealous!! Keep it up!
  • quichebradford
    quichebradford Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    OMG! YES!! I was just telling my husband yesterday that I have been getting those same comments! What is wrong with people? It's like they WANT us to be fat!! Shame on them!
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!!! Good for you!!! You deserve the best, don't let anyone try to talk you into settling with a body that YOU have to live in!!! :happy:
  • mlcastillo_2
    Options
    oh wow! i know what you mean...
    ive had people tell me that I would look "weird" skinny and that Im fine the way i am rightnow. Its kinda sad that so-called friends say this, they should be encouraging us!!! i even had someone say I was OBSESSED- I say she just has commitment issues lol
    goodluck to you on your weight loss journey- dont let ANYONE bring you down ;)
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    you go!! This journey is all about you!! You rock it out!!

My ex husband (note the ex) told me he didn't want me to lose weight because he was afraid he would have to work harder to keep me if I was prettier than I already was. He liked having the fat girl because he thought no one else would want me.

SURPRISE!! I have been with my new man Jeff for almost 7 years and he loves me! Fat or thin all he wants for me is to be happy with me! I told him I was starting the weightloss journey and that I meant it this time. No more diets for me... this is about being healthy. He just smiled and hugged me and said, "good because I want you to live with me for as long as possible. the healthier we are, the longer we can stay together." He never complains if we have salad for dinner. Or if i want subway everytime we go out. If we go to a higher end resteraunt he takes the time and looks at the menu ahead of time to make sure there is something there that won't blow my calories for the day. He is amazing. and I am blessed!!
  • casey_when_u_go
    casey_when_u_go Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Oh I couldn't agree more!
    I'm slimmer and fitter. I am not sick. I can swing kettlebells around for 30 minutes that my friends can't even lift.
    And as for having to buy new/smaller clothes, they are being given my old/larger clothes, so what's to complain about there:wink:
    Good luck on your journey :smile:
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I never really thought about it, but you are totally right. I used to eat at fast food places that way and feed my kids that way and no one said anything, but yet, now that I've lost weight, I have started hearing "don't lose any more weight - you are too skinny" ... when I am now, for the first time in nearly 2 1/2 decades at a healthy weight and more tone and athletic than I was even in HS. Odd ...
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    You know it!!! they can all :tongue: Haters!!!!!!!!! Luv ur attitude!! :flowerforyou:
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Girl I know that's right, roll over them and REV your engine. See here's the deal, they are comfortable with you being overweight and unhealthy because it just may make them fell secure. But know that you are taking charge and forcefully so that just may bring up there own insecurities. When people are insecure they tend to speak negative to or about others. Girl get ready for your new wardrobe from head to toe, and step with your head held high and a smile on your face, cause your a BAD MAMMER JAMMER!!!! (2 snaps and a pose baby!)
  • shonasteele
    Options
    Great post! Yeah, you'll question my choices about a salad but not a cheeseburger & fries? Hmmmm?