Best exercise

Options
Hi I have lost 7 stone have put in 8lb plus my own fault now really struggling to get it off I run 3 to 4 times a week other exercises and classes but nothings budging my tummy just not going down anymore am still 14st 3. Any advice welcome thanks Sam

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    Are you using a food scale?

If you have successfully lost 7 stone, whatever you were doing was working but you may find you need to be more accurate (and more patient) for the final stretch.

When you start out with a lot to lose you have a lot more wiggle room for logging errors, additionally if you're not weighing your portions out, it can be easy for portions to slowly increase without your noticing.

This pic illustrates how easy it can be, particularly with higher calorie items

51dczsw46giq.jpg

Also if the exercise is new and/or increasing in intensity, you may be retaining water whilst your muscles repair themselves.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    It's always a combination of having a good plan (MFP is pretty good, but be careful with the exercise calories-- maybe eat half back) and good logging (food scale, cup measures, etc.) With these tools, you cannot fail! Best of luck.
  • samanthahare50
    samanthahare50 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much that’s really helpful and made me feel better.
  • 2019winter
    2019winter Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck x