Mad Scottish Yorkshireman married to de mad Irish wife

Options
Hi folks, my daughter has become an evangelist for mfp. She's just got me into something I thought I'd never do, namely counting calories. I've tried everything and then some, now being a wrinkly with arthritis and a few other choice ailments, here I am diving into calorie counting for the first time. My target weight is over two years away and this is day one. I've prayed a lot about this and hope God will grant me patience, wisdom and the discipline needed to shuffle off the extra man I'm carrying around. Looking forward to making friends around the world. Am pretty much retired so drop a line, I will talk on just about any subject n probably bore some folks silly, but am a man n that's a man thing. 🤓

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Welcome Bill! Of course you’ll lose weight here. And find friends.
  • petitchatnoir41
    petitchatnoir41 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    American married to crazy Viking! :D Welcome to mfp!
  • janvcooper
    janvcooper Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    East Baltimore Hon dating crazy London guy, welcome, one damn day at a time
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,760 Member
    Options
    Mad West Coast American married to an equally mad Welsh/Scotsman, welcome!
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Yorkshire lass living in portugal here :) calorie counting really does work.....!
  • spinnerdell
    spinnerdell Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Welcome from a fellow late-to-the-party calorie counter. Patience and diligent logging worked wonders for my health, and I can bore people with the details just as fast as any man. :smile: All the best!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Howdy Bill. Your words are refreshing and fun. I have a relative literally getting on a plane in less than 48 hours for your neck of the woods. I hope the weather is still holding up. They're not used to much humidity to speak of so I'm just hoping you're having great weather. I promise not to send them to your house but I think you would get along just fine. You've got personality plus. Catch you back out there on your trail and pathway to overall health and wellbeing.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

Buy a food scale. Weigh everything you eat and log into the food diary.

Good luck with your journey!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,296 Member
    Options
    Welcome enjoy your journey just remember to log food, exercise, stick at it and you will see results but most important enjoy yourself while doing it.
  • TxGrl832
    TxGrl832 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome! A true Texas girl marrying a Scotsman! Feel free to friend me!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. It took me two years to reach my goal and it was worth every minute.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Hi folks, my daughter has become an evangelist for mfp. She's just got me into something I thought I'd never do, namely counting calories. I've tried everything and then some, now being a wrinkly with arthritis and a few other choice ailments, here I am diving into calorie counting for the first time. My target weight is over two years away and this is day one. I've prayed a lot about this and hope God will grant me patience, wisdom and the discipline needed to shuffle off the extra man I'm carrying around. Looking forward to making friends around the world. Am pretty much retired so drop a line, I will talk on just about any subject n probably bore some folks silly, but am a man n that's a man thing. 🤓

I've been thinking about you. Hope you're still out there. My relative made it home from Scotland and as promised , I didn't send them over to your house for dinner. Come back to us, Bill.

4ub3b3bazr3z.jpg
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I was lucky enough to visit your beautiful country earlier this year. I hope you are doing well and meeting your goals.
  • The__ViKinG__BATMAN
    Options
    Now that is one crazy combo haha

As a fellow Yorkshire man, greetings
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,296 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm just from the Midlands but enjoying your posts. My daughter had just come back from Ireland she was visiting her husbands family, it looks a beautiful place.
  • TabbyJustice
    TabbyJustice Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    What a great intro post. You seem really nice and fun! I hope your journey is successful and I'm sure your daughter is proud!