Up the irish

Options
:) Yes I'm from Ireland and it's freezing

Replies

• jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    :) Yes I'm from Ireland and it's freezing

Good to see another person from Ireland on here. There are very few of us on here. By the way its not that cold....
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    Brit living in Ireland, I've quite a few Irish folk on my friends list and yes it is bloody freezing! We've snow forecast this morning.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Northern Irish and yep freezing brrrr!
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    I’m American but have a lot of Irish in my background 😁🍻

I think it’s cold today where I live in the U.S., but have a feeling that’s peanuts compared to Ireland lol
  • Alia_R
    Alia_R Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Nothing compared to where I live; in the middle of Canada.

And I’ve got Irish blood in me 😁
  • Bravissimocurves
    Bravissimocurves Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    ☘️ 👋
  • SoleTrainer60
    SoleTrainer60 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I don’t know much about the weather In Ireland, but I did the Ancestry.com and found that I am 34% Irish! 😊
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I'll have to apology for my ancestry - I'm about 70% pure British, somewhere around 10% Irish-Welsh-Scottish, and the rest is general Germanic :) but my first name is Irish...er, well the Anglicanized version anyway! I'd love to learn to speak Irish, though - beautiful language!

It was 28F here in the mid-atlantic Appalachians this morning (that's -2.2 C for the rest of the world outside the US lol) Cold, but I'm looking forward to it. I'm one of those really weird people who actually likes snow (as long as its between October 15 and March 15......)
  • Andia15
    Andia15 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Irish here, yes it is freezing 😱 and it seems to be getting colder by the minute 😢
  • marcusjgrose
    marcusjgrose Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Cornishman here and yep Cornwall is bleddy freezing today too.
  • sarah20397
    sarah20397 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    ☘️ and yes it’s actually bitter out
  • AprilSue
    AprilSue Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Nice! United States but yes freeze has set in here. No more walks or bike rides outdoors 😢
  • No_Knock
    No_Knock Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Got that Irish flowing through my veins. It's humid, but chilly here in Virginia, U.S. A few spikes of really cold temps. Our punishment is coming, though. January-March is where it hurts.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Scot / Irish, Celt here - In Florida where it is going to the hight 70's F today
  • Yoloswagpants
    Yoloswagpants Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Loving the Irish connections here—-oddly warm in Dublin ~14.5 Celsius the past 2 days...perfect for outdoor running!
  • H3lix86
    H3lix86 Posts: 4 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    70f/21c today in north GA, lol i hate it, I wish I lived somewhere cold.

EDIT: maybe thats just the russian/siberian blood in me talking though. ive always handled the cold really well, and been miserable in the heat.
  • RCPV
    RCPV Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My grandmother was a Catholic girl from Innishnee (hope I spelled that correctly) at Roundstone and my grandfather was a protestant lad from Belfast, hence they came to America. :) My grandfather became a U.S. citizen, but by grandmother never did - she always dreamed of going back to Ireland. Sadly, she was never able to.

On a lighter note, it's going to be 46F here in the high desert of Nevada today! Forecast for the next week is all mid-40's, so we're happy. Sending warm thoughts to all of you in Ireland. :)
  • Womanvsweight
    Womanvsweight Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    N.irish here 🤗
  • Maegan_MomOf3
    Maegan_MomOf3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I need to visit Ireland! 😞 My dream for many years.