eliminating the word "diet" from vocabulary!!

PTA4LYF
PTA4LYF Posts: 87 Member
ok so we all know that everyone here is on a weight loss journey so what i do to remain more positive is eliminate the word diet from any form of conversation. diet has such a negative impact in our world. who wants to use a word wear the first 3 letters spell D-I-E. also its not a weight LOSS program but a weight management program when you lose something it indicates you want to find it again so i always say i have disposed of x number of pounds. this helps me to stay motivated and positive. good luck to all!!

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    I believe in taking what we need from a bunch of different sources. If this helps you get there and arrive at your destination, then right back at you with the positive reinforcement.
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    I have been referring to it as a lifestyle change, that is going to last the rest of my life. As I too not fond of the word diet. And even weight loss has all types of thoughts and memories not all good with it. So for me what works is about the Lifestyle I am changing. Because food management, buying, preparing is a big part of it.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    I use the word diet to describe what foods I'm eating overall; I eat a pescatarian diet.

I refer to my weight loss journey as my lifestyle change.

• amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    I have "eating events" several times every day.
  • sugarcakes38
    sugarcakes38 Posts: 80 Member
    edited October 2019
    Meh. To me it’s just a diet. The reference has no control in my success or failure at my loss or it’s maintenance. And if I succeed far enough along into the future to consider it a genuine lifestyle change, it won’t be because I eliminated the use of any words from my vocabulary. And that should be okay, too.
    Good luck to you as well :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!