Breakfast suggestions?

Mariaaad
Mariaaad Posts: 1 Member
What's your favorite go to breakfast during the week and at the weekend

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Eggs over easy on rustic multigrain avocado toast.
  • yvonc1978
    yvonc1978 Posts: 8 Member
    Fruit and yoghurt or eggs
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    I have the same thing for breakfast every morning: 0% Greek yogurt, chocolate PB2, protein powder, fiber cereal. Add water or milk to your preferred consistency.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Cold weather - steel cut oats made with 2% milk (for protein and fat) - I change toppings pumpkin puree, banana, PB2.

Warmer weather - Greek yogurt parfait made with berries and Kashi GoLean (original).
  • hmhill17
    hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
    Overnight oats made with Greek yoghurt, almond milk, honey, and raisins.
    Egg white bites with mushrooms, pepper jack, and turkey sausage.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Two thin bialys toasted with butter and a canele. When the deli I go to is out of bialys (or more frequently, when I get there before they get out of the oven), then I'll get an everything bagel toasted with butter.

Saturday is typically two eggs scrambled and roasted new potatoes tossed in pesto. I go out to brunch after rowing, but it would be very easy to make that at home.

When I have a regatta then it's half a cup of oatmeal (uncooked - typically thick rolled oats. Not instant) put into an insulated food container with small handful of walnuts, some dried cranberries, and a tbsp of brown sugar. Then I'll add a cup of boiling water, screw on the lid and put it in my duffle bag (I'll put it in a ziplock first, just incase it leaks). It's cooked by the time I want to eat it and typically I get a lot of, "ooh what's that?!"
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    I do this now and then. If your supermarket has one, on your next grocery run raid the salad bar of small amounts of your favorite raw veggies. For your next breakfast, briefly saute` them in a small spot of your favorite oil then add a scrambled egg or two (I use one, cholesterol consideration). Season and top it according to your taste. Add toast and spread of your choice. Breakfast is served.
  • clshep5625
    clshep5625 Posts: 2 Member
    Fiber One 90 calorie English muffin with fried egg and one slice of cheese. Warm and yummy! If I have it, I’ll add a slice of Canadian bacon for 40 calories.

• sally_meme
    sally_meme Posts: 2 Member
    Sardines or eggs on toast, a mushroom and cheese omelet or a low cal cereal. I also love fruit smoothies with yoghurt and honey.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    2 eggs scrambled, or soft boiled. Rye toast with butter. Berries. Black coffee.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    2 cups of coffee, Fiber one cereal with blueberries, and an apple is my most consumed breakfast.
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    I like to make egg muffins on the weekend with whatever toppings I have on hand (spinach, onions, mushrooms, ham, bacon, cheese, etc) to heat up during the week.
    This morning I had a light multi-grain english muffin with an egg, 2 slices of uncured deli ham (Aldi) and a slice of cheese. It fills me up and doesn't blow the calorie budget.
  • dchillin65
    dchillin65 Posts: 97 Member
    An egg, egg whites, spinach or broccoli with ground turkey or cut up bacon omelet most days. I might have protein pancakes, waffles or protein oatmeal with fruit on others. Always a meal that will hold me most of the morning.
  • DResc
    DResc Posts: 6 Member
    edited October 2019
    Egg White Omelette

6 egg whites (96 cal), spinach or broccoli (25 cal), Kraft fat-free shredded cheddar cheese (45 cal), cooking spray.

Roughly 170 calories. High protein/low carb breakfast.

I may add bacon or an English muffin on the weekend.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Mariaaad wrote: »
    What's your favorite go to breakfast during the week and at the weekend

Hugely variable. This morning I had some left over pork tenderloin and roasted potatoes from dinner on Sunday night. Sometimes I just do some scrambled eggs and toast...sometimes oats. Sunday morning is usually eggs, bacon or sausage, and hash browns. Sometimes I skip breakfast altogether.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    oatmeal
  • Anabirgite
    Anabirgite Posts: 501 Member
    I love breakfast...lately I have had a goal to eat 5 servings fruits and veggies and have been trying to check that box first thing in the morning. I work out soon afterwards and usually have a light lunch and dinner.
    Oatmeal made with chia seeds and flax seeds, then folded in 4 ounces whipped egg whites. I then add a smoothie mixture of 80 g each, spinach, beets( this week for red), blueberries, orange( this week) and 40 g banana and 1 scoop Orgain superfoods protein powder. I think this is delicious- my husband will not touch or try.6kt21mypqdeq.jpg
  • NourahKadri
    NourahKadri Posts: 3 Member
    Oat with youghurt 4ht2xifrc9b9.jpeg
  • kndpeanut
    kndpeanut Posts: 3 Member
    Wasa crackers with Fatso peanut butter with green or herbal tea
  • Wycaoak
    Wycaoak Posts: 26 Member
    I have made egg muffins with turkey sausage crumbles and a pinch of shredded cheese. Delicious and solid with the protien.