The Magic of Zumba.

Options
For my last birthday my sister got me the Zumba game for the Wii. Lately I have been playing it a lot and it is AMAZING! I usually do it about 5 times a week: three 20 min classes; two 45 min classes. The pounds have been melting away so fast. Zumba plus my calorie plan in MFP has seen me lose about 2-3 pounds a week =). I wanted to share the amazingness of Zumba with everyone. It's such a fun way to exercise! A must try!

Fiona, x

Replies

• maureenB7
    maureenB7 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • emptysh0ebox
    Options
    great! I've been wanting to try it, even a class at the gym.
  • wearystar
    wearystar Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    never played the Wii game, but classes are AWESOME.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna have to look into getting that WII thingy. I am totally technically challeged, but I think I can figure it out.
  • aunt_hbomb
    aunt_hbomb Posts: 204
    Options
    I've never done zumba on the wii, but I love going to zumba class. I am looking forward to a new instructor tonight. Enjoy & congrats.
  • ndamon
    ndamon Posts: 3
    Options
    I got the Wii Zumba and did it for a while. It IS a lot of fun!!! Broke a toe and had to stop for a while so I gave it to my daughter. Thanks for reminding me... I'm asking for it back!!! Don't think she has even tried it...
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have that game as well. Is there a point to it? the only thing i figured out is that you set up a schedule and just do the same old routine every day. If I’m wrong can you please explain how i can dance to different songs?
  • tonid76
    tonid76 Posts: 51
    Options
    I have Zumba for the Xbox 360 Kinect....and I wore my HRM today while I played...just did the 2 20 beginner sessions under Zumba party...and my HRM said I burned 660 calories....it doesn't even feel like working out...besides the sweat! LOL I have feel in love with zumba!
  • LA_proud
    LA_proud Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna have to look into getting that WII thingy. I am totally technically challeged, but I think I can figure it out.

It is such an easy game console to use. I bought one for my daughter. But sometimes I spend more time using it than she does!!
  • bbbeaverson
    bbbeaverson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you go to the "Zumba Party" section or the "Zumba Classes" section you get a choice of different routines. Hope this helps :) x
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I always want to use my wii for working out but honestly all the games I have tried have been way to slow for me.
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I have never tried zumba. My gym does a class though. Is it just dancing whilst an instruction demonstrates?
  • bbbeaverson
    bbbeaverson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have never tried zumba. My gym does a class though. Is it just dancing whilst an instruction demonstrates?

Yea :) great fast-paced music and dancing while the instructor demonstrates. Usually the instructors I've had have made it really fun and easy. You should totally give it a try.

Here's a site that gives a rough idea of the calories you burn doing it:

http://www.zumbacalories.com/

Fiona x
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    If you go to the "Zumba Party" section or the "Zumba Classes" section you get a choice of different routines. Hope this helps :) x

Thank you! I'll try it out. I love Zumba! wish i could find a cheap class near me because having a live instructor is so much better.
  • EmmaShorter
    Options
    I was curious about Zumba. Lots of my friends on facebook were going and seemed to love it. So I Googled it and found a class in the road parallel to the road I live in! Have a look on Google for Zumba classes in ... And see what they come up with. Since going to Zumba classes once a week I too have bought the wii Zumba game and now I have official Zumba dvds. I am going to go to two classes per week for a while and see how I get on. On other nights I will do the dvds!
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    I love Zumba, I go to two classes a week, which are great fun, always have a laugh as well as a great workout, and have the dvds for the odd fix, or when I want to add an extra quick calorie burn in. I am wondering if the wii game has different routines and music from the dvds as I would be interested in getting it if they did. Does anyone have both that could let me know?
  • womblesgirl
    womblesgirl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Im off to my 1st Zumba class on Monday :) and will be keeping my eye open for Wii Zumba in the shops