Yoga app with audio instruction

Options
Does anyone have a recommendation for a free app that teaches a beginner yoga positions and routine over audio?
I tried one that requires me to read each positions description . It had nice music but I am looking for one I can not wear my glasses and relax as I learn. Hey I’m

Replies

• melodyvegan
    melodyvegan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    "Intro to Yoga" by Down Dog is a great free app. It has video and audio instruction (with an actual human doing the moves). It has short practices for beginners (3 different sets per style) and 3 different styles including Vinyasa, Hatha, and Restorative. It's very easy to follow for beginners and you can turn off the videos if you just want audio. You can also pick your instructors voice and the background music. The paid version of Down Dog is very good too and has more features, like slowing down instruction, less instruction, and allowing you to focus on different postures or areas of the body.
  • Dmgjama
    Dmgjama Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Much appreciation
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Not an app but I highly recommend https://www.amazon.com/M-P-M-Yoga-Rodney-Yee/dp/B00007JME6/ which had been part of my warmups for 20 years now.

Note: there are two DVDs with the same title, A.M. and P.M. Yoga For Beginners. I'm familiar with the one with Rodney Yee and Patricia Walden vs Yee and Colleen Saidman. But probably anything "Rodney Yee + beginner yoga" would be good and you may be able to find this on YouTube as well. I love his voice!
  • EternallyAngela
    EternallyAngela Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know this thread is a few months old but I’d like to add Yoga Studio by Gaiam. Excellent app with many classes to choose from as well as a Custom option to create your own.
  • Dmgjama
    Dmgjama Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Cool , thanks
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Not an app but Yoga with Adrienne on YouTube is fantastic.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Not an app but Yoga with Adrienne on YouTube is fantastic.
    Another vote from me for Adrienne. I like that she has so many shorter videos that make it less intimidating for me as a beginner.
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I use Sworkit. It will describe the pose and show someone getting into it.

It has other stuff and is not really yoga specific...but it syncs with this app.

I'm definitely more beginner although have worked in just 10-30 min 3x per week into my plan over last year.

Probably not actually as good as some of the suggestions from folks here with more expertise.