I fit in an 8 today

Options
Not sure what to do with this info. But I decided to try on clothes. I started in a very snug 16 (read should have been a bigger size but no way was I going up) I recently about 2 months ago bought 12s for the 1st time in 18 years. So I figured today I would try 10s. They were loose so I grabbed an 8 they fit. Went out and grabbed 3 different brands in 8s and they all fit. To my amazement. I wore an 8 in high school. Sure they were baggier but I am in 8s. My mind is blown. They looked so small when I held them up. In my mind I still see the me I was before I started losing weight. Not really sure where to go from here. This was beyond what my original goal was. I am elated and shocked.

Replies

• LeiLaura
    LeiLaura Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Well done, that's a wonderful NSV! I think you should go to the maintenance board and enjoy your well-earned success :)
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    That’s awesome! I’m always excited when I fit into the next size down!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's quite an accomplishment and you should be very proud of yourself. It's a great reward for your hard work. 💙
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Nice work! It's going to take a while to get used to, but take a moment every time you put those new clothes on to admire yourself and acknowledge the new you! <3
  • LoKoMi
    LoKoMi Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!

I started out in size 20/3X

I can now wear size 8 pants! I never thought I’d see single-digit sizes again. I still browse plus-sizes at first, forgetting. And I have taken unwanted clothing from my teenage daughters!

Also, I went from 8.5W to 8 in shoes!

It’s awesome but I’m am freezing right now because I have much less body fat and exactly ONE winter top that fits 🥶

Next stop, online shopping 💸
  • rdkdm7
    rdkdm7 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow thats awsome! I'm so happy for you too!!! I can't wait to fit into an 8! Right now I was excited to fit into a 10! I'm gonna keep going! IDK where the journey will take me, but I'm excited and optimistic!
    Good Job and excellent work!