Bicycling - Smart Trainers - Wahoo Kickr - Zwift

Options
Hey fitness fans,

I'm an avid bicycle rider here in Minnesota, but with the weather changing, I've added the above-described trainer to help stay in shape now that the winter winds have begun to blow. While I'm still grabbing the remaining cold-weather rides I can handle before the snow and ice joins the 30-40 degree MN temps we've been seeing, I'm getting ready for some virtual fun on this new trainer this winter. I hope to combine this with my effort to lose another 20 lbs to my goal weight by February.

Might be fun to join up with other interested folks for group riding (and perhaps group weight loss efforts). I tend to ride about 20 to 35 miles a ride at about a 13-14 mph average pace (on real bike). I've only begun to experiment with Zwift and the Wahoo Kickr, but it will become my primary exercise machine when I finally move my road bike inside for the winter.

Hope to link up with some other folks for some shared training and shared effort at weight loss. Actually, I tend to drop these 20 pounds regularly before my annual dive trips in February, but it's nice to have company on the journey...and I'm willing to offer advice and encouragement.

John

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I've never used Zwift and don't have a trainer, but I know it's incredibly well loved, and hope you enjoy it as much as everyone else seems to. 🚲