Question about some diet...

Options
No one has answered the question that I asked, and are only telling me that the diet is bad.

So sorry you had to look and see that I deleted the question.

Replies

• Circa1964
    Circa1964 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    It sounds like another gimmick. Slow and Steady is the way to go.
  • pp67
    pp67 Posts: 26
    Options
    For me... it's all the same. So long as your diet is high protein to protect your muscles, nails and hair (at least 65 gm per day), low sodium (to stop your body for retaining fluid), drink at least 2 litres 64 oz per day, low carb (100 gm approx - your brain still needs some "good" carbs to function) and low fat. So long as I match the calories I eat with the calories I exercise (my main is the exercise/stationary bike) I either lose weight on the scales or the tape measure daily.
    I'm on a weight loss surgery forums where folks are even 10 years out from having their surgery and they are STILL at their goal weight eating around 1000-1200 per day now to maintain. Some of these women have even followed the plan without having the surgery and it is also working for the same for them.
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Sounds really unhealthy unless you're severely obese, you're basically eating 0 calories a day...
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Sounds really unhealthy unless you're severely obese, you're basically eating 0 calories a day...

Even then it's unhealthy. Eating a net of 0 is never okay.
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options

Even then it's unhealthy. Eating a net of 0 is never okay.

This isn't what I asked... I asked a specific question & neither have answered me, so you're not helping at all
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    That's not what her diet says, it doesn't say to net out zero. If you read the steps it actually does the same thing MFP does, just in a different order. She tells you to figure out your BMR, add your daily average calorie burn and then subtract 500 calories for an estimated weight loss of 1 lb a week.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming "burn" = burn to live and perform all life activities not just exercise. And yeah, if we burn as many as we eat, we maintain our weight. If we "burn" 500 more than we eat than yeah, hypothetically we'll lose a pound a week.

In NO way should you be burning the same number of calories that you eat in exercise alone. That would be very very bad.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    What you need to do is figure out your basal metabolic rate, that's the number of calories your body burns just performing normal daily functions to keep you alive. Then add to that number the amount of calories you burn from your normal daily activity plus what you burn from real exercise. Figure out that total and then eat a little bit less so that your body burns some fat.

Or, to make it a whole lot easier you can just use My Fitness Pal the way it's set up to be used and you don't have to do any of that math. MFP figures it out for you. Use it as it was intended to be used and I guarantee you will see positive results.
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    That's not what her diet says, it doesn't say to net out zero. If you read the steps it actually does the same thing MFP does, just in a different order. She tells you to figure out your BMR, add your daily average calorie burn and then subtract 500 calories for an estimated weight loss of 1 lb a week.

"The goal of the "Eat Less Diet" is to "eat less than you're burning," says Jillian
  • NoAdditives
    Options

"The goal of the "Eat Less Diet" is to "eat less than you're burning," says Jillian

Right, but you actually burn well over 1000 calories per day just by living and breathing. Your net calories should never, ever be zero or even close to zero.
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    Not going to read this post anymore....

I'll never understand why some people on this site need to read a SPECIFIC QUESTION just to say, 'that's a bad diet' instead of answer the QUESTION that was asked...
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you don't feel your question was answered. Since you edited your original post I can't go back and confirm what the questions was, but I think some people did. It's not healthy to net out 0 calories in a day no matter how you look at it. Your body needs to take in nutrients each day to live and function. You need a certain number of calories to live: breathe, pump blood, etc. and that is where you start, that's your BMR. Say your BMR (based on height and weight and activity level) is 2000 calories. And for simplicity you don't exercise at all, 0 calories burned. If you eat 1500 calories a day (less than you burn) then you will start to lose weight. But you are still taking calories in. I think the confusion came when you talked about netting 0 calories for the day and it's possible everyone was saying the same thing without realizing it. Again, I'm sorry you didn't feel helped.
  • NoAdditives
    Options

I'll never understand why some people on this site need to read a SPECIFIC QUESTION just to say, 'that's a bad diet' instead of answer the QUESTION that was asked...

No one is saying Jillian's diet is bad, people are pointing out that you don't seem to understand what it's really about.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options

if you dont want others opinions maybe you should just google. no matter what you post, your always going to get opinions, whether you want them or not.