HUNGRY GIRL

Options
FairyMiss
FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
I am not so sure about this hungry girl chicky anymore. Just saw here making frozen waffles, which she poured sugar free syrup on them, okay logical, then she sprinkled powdered sugar over it.

what???

Now why we bothering with sugar FREE syrup if we are going to dump SUGAR on top of it????

Replies

• QuestForFitness
    Options
    I just saw this too!! what the crap...I'm still not even convince of the wafffles, much less the powered sugar
  • nikki8marie
    nikki8marie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I think she was trying to cut the overall sugar level, not make it entirely sugar-free.
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Some of her ideas are ok, but she relies far too heavily on overly processed FrankenFood (fat free mayo!) for my taste.
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    post the question on her facebook page wall, she will totally respond!
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    yeah but you got the syrup for flavor, the only thing the powder sugar is actually doing in this case is making it pretty, now if you are conerned about calories is it really worth the extras to make it "pretty" when you can use them later for something real
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I lik her! I have a few of her recipe books. I don't love every recipe but I like that she gives low cal options for yummy stuff.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I have no idea who HUNGRY GIRL is but that is illogical no matter how you play it.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    A small sprinkling of powdered sugar is something like 5 calories and one carb. Before I found Ideal confectionary sweetener, I would take a tablespoon of powdered sugar and sprinkle it all over a batch of healthy cupcakes/muffins/etc. and that tablespoon would cover 24 cupcakes with ease (when sprinkled out of a sprinkling container). 1/4 of a cup is about 80 calories, so a tablespoon is about 20.

Not nearly as bad as you think!
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    i have one of her books though havent used it, she is more the lowfat ish type
    where i am more low carb
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    As I watch and read her emails I think she is more concerned with overall fat and calories than with the more healthy aspect of the foods. For people just starting this is a good starting point so people dont notice the change in their diet quite so much. It's not quite as good for the people who are well along in their weight loss journey and trying to incorporate less processed foods.
    One terrific find she had is the tofu shiratake noodles. If you havent tried them they are super and only 20 calories a serving. a whole bag is only 40 calories and just use them like you would any other noodle. Because they are tofu they take the flavor of what you cook with them I make the noodles with homemade salt free spaghetti sauce with garlic and veggies, 4 oz of chicken topped with some fat free or reduced fat mozzerella and bake in the oven to brown and melt the cheese!
    I also have a recipe for tuna noodle casserole with them that should be good too.

4925355.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    A small sprinkling of powdered sugar is something like 5 calories and one carb. Before I found Ideal confectionary sweetener, I would take a tablespoon of powdered sugar and sprinkle it all over a batch of healthy cupcakes/muffins/etc. and that tablespoon would cover 24 cupcakes with ease (when sprinkled out of a sprinkling container). 1/4 of a cup is about 80 calories, so a tablespoon is about 20.

Not nearly as bad as you think!

yeah but she already put syrup on it , the sugar was pointless, if it was just the sugar that would be one thing.
  • mcpenni
    mcpenni Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love her so far, because she gives lower calories options so that we can have variety. To keep off this weight that we are all working so hard to loose, we need variety otgherwise we are going to get bored and seek flavor and fun food choices elsewhere
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    One terrific find she had is the tofu shiratake noodles. If you havent tried them they are super and only 20 calories a serving. a whole bag is only 40 calories and just use them like you would any other noodle. Because they are tofu they take the flavor of what you cook with them I make the noodles with homemade salt free spaghetti sauce with garlic and veggies, 4 oz of chicken topped with some fat free or reduced fat mozzerella and bake in the oven to brown and melt the cheese!
    I also have a recipe for tuna noodle casserole with them that should be good too.

4925355.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

also they are low carb, 5 a serving if i am remembering correctly off hand
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    yeah but you got the syrup for flavor, the only thing the powder sugar is actually doing in this case is making it pretty, now if you are conerned about calories is it really worth the extras to make it "pretty" when you can use them later for something real
    If she was making it on TV, than it probably was for looks...I'll bet she doesn't eat them like that for real...unless she doesn't have any weight to lose, and just wants to eat good good with less calories?
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    well i have watch a few eps of her show, it honestly seems more geared toward the semi serious dieter if you know what i mean
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, i think it was to make it pretty like in the dine outplaces....still weigh less calories than truly dining out.
  • emptysh0ebox
    Options
    I'm not too sure about her either. she thinks she's heathly but she doesn't really use that much healthy stuff