How to fight hunger

Options
This morning I had cerial and milk for dinner I had 3 boiled eggs , ham cucumber and some coleslaw and for snack I had there’s fish cake little things 3 of them that used up most of my calories even with excersize so I could only had carrot and swede mash for tea like that’s all no chicken with it just abit of carrot mash and I am starved still but I have no calories left how do you fight the hunger please I might make a fruit smoothie xx

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    whats your calorie goals? height, weight, activity level, weight history?
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    What are your current stats (age, weight, gender, height)? What is your current calorie goal?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Protein, fat and fiber are filling components but it's a different combination for everyone.

To combat hunger:
    1. Make sure your weekly weight loss goal is not too aggressive. An aggressive weekly goal = low calories (even if you are tall, active, etc). One size does not fit all.

2. Experiment with protein, fat and fiber. I used to be a cereal eater.....no more. Cereal had little staying power, I opt for 2% Greek yogurt, berries with a sprinkle of high fiber cereal.

3. Experiment with meal timing. Some people are great with skipping breakfast (intermittant fasting). Others do better with more calories in the morning than at night. Keep trying new/different things.
  • ashleymulvey6837
    ashleymulvey6837 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My age is 24 height is about 5ft 2 I’m 12 stone 8 and my calorie goal is 1,389 or somthing like that
  • ashleymulvey6837
    Options
    My goal is to get to 8 stone
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Choose foods wisely and plan ahead. Lower calorie foods options mean you can eat a lot more food than those dense in calories.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 753 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Try planning ahead so that you have filling food throughout the day. I'm on less calories per day than you and I manage to have three filling meals a day and planned snacks between meals that I look forward to. It all fits within my calories and I know what I'm going to have and can look forward to things I have planned throughout the day and evening.

It is fairly hard when you first start before you get into a routine. I was quite addicted to sugar and decided to give up fizzy drinks, alcohol and chocolate cold turkey while I was on this journey as I tend to binge and I was worried I would relapse. So when I first started I curbed my sugar cravings by buying a small 30g packet of soft jelly sweets every day for in the evening. I would spend a good part of the day at first thinking about that packet but knowing I would get it helped. By the time a month had gone by I stopped needing to buy them and I have replaced them with healthier snacks. It always fit within my calories so I have lost at a good rate.

Whatever and whenever you eat it needs to fit within your calories so you need to do what you can to make those calories stretch so you don't feel hungry.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    For me, it's not dealing with hunger so much as planning ahead so I won't be hungry.

I fill out my food diary a few days in advance. I also leave myself some available calories for that rare occasion that I want a snack.

If I logged after I ate, my diary would be a mess and I'd probably eat a very unbalanced diet.

See what works for you.
  • ashleymulvey6837
    Options
    Ahh ok I get it thanks a lot for the advice