Help with cravings!

Options
I crave restaurant food multiple times a week. Not a particular cuisine just restaurant food. I know once in a while is ok but these cravings are intense and often. How do you all fight your cravings and get your mind off them?

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I love to cook so make 99% of my meals at home. I eat foods I love, so I don't feel deprived. Today is:

Breakfast - mushroom omelette with rustic multigrain toast and berries
    Lunch - seared scallops with rice pilaf and sugar snap peas
    Dinner - salad with pork loin

What is your typical diet? Perhaps it's missing something and that's why you're craving restaurant stuff.
  • enriquen1
    enriquen1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    We are using this app to balance everything out. Calories and nutrition. I have just always been a junk food /restaurant addict. My hubby is the cook in our couple. He is good with nutrition also. I like your food ideas
  • enriquen1
    edited October 2019
    Options
    We are also dividing up into more meals but very small
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    If you went out once a week would that help you not crave going out the rest of the week? I find that if I don’t figure out a way to satisfy my cravings in some way it just leads to a binge.
  • enriquen1
    Options
    We have been but for financial reasons trying to cut down. Also once a week turns into multiple for us. We have fixed a goal of once a month so as not to go crazy lol. It such a battle to not give in.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I still eat out, but I have cut way down on the frequency. What really helped me was learning really good cooking techniques and making food that I personally found super delicious. Once I got better at cooking really flavorful things, I was more satisfied by my own recipes and look forward to them so much that I usually don’t even think of eating out.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 752 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I used to go to McDonalds every day :open_mouth:

I went cold turkey when I started this after realising how fat I had become. Plus the cost builds up so much!

I buy a lot of pre-made meals in the supermarket now. I enjoy those a great deal and they have the calories written on the packet so I can fit them in nicely with my calorie goals and they are so much cheaper. Once a week I treat myself to sushi which is the highest calorie meal of the week. Not the costliest though as I go half an hour before the shop closes so it is half price!
  • fitom80
    fitom80 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Good regime helps... consuming protein rich food helps you feel feeded, consuming slow carbs and healthy fat in good balance too also high volume low cals food like vegetable is a good tip... in more meals during the day. Avoid any sole fast carbs (fructose, rafined sugar) that boost your insuline. You wont get any kind of crvings. On the other hand eating right things in retaurant isnt bad(even dayly) . Also in McDonalds can you eat quite healthy. Watch you total dayly cals.
  • rumbaimom
    rumbaimom Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I still like going out to eat. Not as much because so many entrees are so high calorie. I just try and order the most sensible thing I can on the menu and then ask for a to-go box ad the same time as I place my order. I put at least half the plate in the go box before I eat a bite. I save that box either for dinner or lunch the next day. This helps me not feel so deprived.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,595 Member
    Options
    What about duping the meals you like to order out at home? I kept craving a salad from a Mexican restaurant so I found a way to make it lower calorie that I can have all the time. Aside of the tortilla it comes on they're close enough that paying for it is no longer worth it. I'm also finding since cutting back on oil that eating out has a lot of oils, it makes me feel sick now.
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    We used to eat out all the time. Now we make pretty much all our meals at home, and only dine out on weekends when one of us has a craving for something that we can't make at home. We just work our calories around it over two or three days, or go for a long run that morning or something.

Recently, I've discovered a trend - when we eat out, 80% of the time the coveted food doesn't taste anywhere as good as we had remembered! But when we dupe meals at home, many times the end product is great - different, but still very tasty and much lower in calories.
  • redeve17
    redeve17 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    @poster its quite expensive to eat out so just save your $$$