TURBOFIRE AND WEIGHTLOSS (TO THOSE WHO HAVE COMPLETED THE PR

Options
Hello!

Myself and a few other women have started the Turbo Fire program about three weeks ago. We all have noticed little to no weight loss. I have NOT lost in inches, and my weight has stayed the same. I missed only 2 out of the 13 days, but I ALSO lift weights about two days a week and on the rest day from Turbo Fire, I am still getting in some cardio and burn around 350 calories. My diet: other than cheating on the weekends, overall has been pretty good. My calories are low, I take in over 80 calories a day and try not to stuff myself full when I eat. I intake more fruits, veggies, salads, and with the occasion side of fries (and also the weekends), I would still think in three weeks I would have at least lost like 5 pounds? I have about 55 pounds to lose.

Anyone have the same issues? Anyone with more than 40 pounds to lose follow Turbo Fire and see some great results? Having no weight loss at all or inches lost at all within the first three weeks, is this normal? AHHH! LOL I would like to see something, I have been busting my behind!

Replies

• ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I haven't completed it because I got off track for a little bit. But I did notice my weight loss was slow. However, I didn't have much to lose to begin with. I'm confused about your calorie intake. You said you take in "over 80 calories a day." I assume this is a typo? Also, are you recording your calorie burn with a heart rate monitor? I found I burned over 500 calories per day with TF (sometimes upwards of 700 for the longer workouts). So the issue may be that you are actually not eating enough. I do have a day 1/day 60 comparison pic in my profile. I think the difference was only 4 or so lbs, but you can really see progress. Just keep at it!
  • JudyZ
    JudyZ Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm doing it now too, and I've lost a little bit of weight, but I think that is mostly due to the fact that I didn't cheat on the weekend. I DID cheat last weekend, and gained weight (but it's dropping off quickly this week).

I would say to give it more time! I've done MANY of the programs from Beachbody, and a few weeks are not enough time to see results. For example, when I did P90X, I didn't see much in the first 2 months, but I stuck with it and got great results in month 3!

Be consistent, watch those cheat meals, drink a lot of water, get a lot of sleep, and I think you'll start to see those results you are after!
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    You're not going to see the results you want to see if you're not getting in your cals. If your calorie intake is too low, your body won't break down any stored fat. It takes energy to do so and the quickest source of glycogen/energy for your body to pull from if you're not getting your calories is from your lean muscle mass. Not good. It's GREAT that you're exercising as much as you are. TurboFire is amazing and I've lost over 20 lbs with TurboFire. I've yet to weight myself since restarting a few weeks ago (I restarted to try a hybrid between TurboFire and P90X), so I'm sure I've lost more, but it's absolutely essential to get your recommended amount based in your resting metabolic rate.

Have you tried the Inferno Plan?
  • Teeny92783
    Options
    Last week I tracked my calories and stayed around 1200-1300 and followed the first week and lost 3.5 lbs. Have you tired following the Inferno program with TurboFire? This week I'm doing the Intensity schedule with following the recipes or keeping my calorie intake around 1200 calories.

What are you eating on the weekend? Are you still limiting what your eating while you cheat? You maybe doing great all week and the weekends maybe killing you. Also, if you are eating too few calories -- your body goes into starvation mode where it holds on to the foods you are eating allowing you not to lose weight. You have to eat around 1200-1500 calories a day to sustain your body.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I wasn't down that much early, but I only had 20lbs to lose when I started. At 6 weeks I was down 6lbs. At almost 12 weeks I'm down 9lbs. But it's taken me longer than 12 weeks. I do the schedule in order but have taken extra rest days and/or inserted other things. I also eat a lot. I average a NET of 2000 (which means I eat 1800-2500).
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I haven't completed it because I got off track for a little bit. But I did notice my weight loss was slow. However, I didn't have much to lose to begin with. I'm confused about your calorie intake. You said you take in "over 80 calories a day." I assume this is a typo? Also, are you recording your calorie burn with a heart rate monitor? I found I burned over 500 calories per day with TF (sometimes upwards of 700 for the longer workouts). So the issue may be that you are actually not eating enough. I do have a day 1/day 60 comparison pic in my profile. I think the difference was only 4 or so lbs, but you can really see progress. Just keep at it!

Oops! I mean 80 grams of protein. Monday through Friday I have been anywhere from 1200-1500 calories. I eat more on the days I work out twice. But the weekends....I have cheated. For example I believe on Sunday I consumed around 2000 calories and I didn't do my TF workout (spent 10 hours in front of my computer finishing up my paper for school). Yesterday I was around 1800 calories-but I was allowed 1900 (give or take) since I burned around 700 calories yesterday. I think it is the weekends...sabotaging my hard work!
  • Kellie0710
    Kellie0710 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I dont mean to add another question to your thread, but there seem to be a lot of knowledgeable people responding to your question, so I thought I would ask one of my own.

I calculated how many calories I should be eating according to TurboFire's guidelines and it says I should consume around 2,000 but MFP only has me eating around 1,400 , each to burn 1lb a week....those of you who have had successful weight loss with the program, which do you follow? ( I am only in week 1 of the program but I want to make sure I start it out right. )
  • diana109
    diana109 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I lost 95 lbs with Turbo Fire. I also used ChaLean Extreme half way to increase my results and to change myslef more. When I started the program I ate 1200-1400 and as I got more into it I had to increase my calories since you do burn a crazy amount of calories and was always hungry. Be careful what you are eating, cheat meals too often can have set backs on your results. I also tried the Inferno when I got Turbo Fire and lost 12 lbs it was just crazy!!! As others mentioned a lot of times you lose inches before you lose any weight, but stick with it and watch what you are eating it goes hand in hand!! :smile: Good luck!
  • diana109
    Options
    ooh forgot to mention eating a very "clean" diet helped me get the results I wanted quicker and easier.
  • diana109
    Options
    I dont mean to add another question to your thread, but there seem to be a lot of knowledgeable people responding to your question, so I thought I would ask one of my own.

I calculated how many calories I should be eating according to TurboFire's guidelines and it says I should consume around 2,000 but MFP only has me eating around 1,400 , each to burn 1lb a week....those of you who have had successful weight loss with the program, which do you follow? ( I am only in week 1 of the program but I want to make sure I start it out right. )

Well at the beginning of Turbo Fire I followed their guidelines but to be honest I prefer MFP. For myself the more I ate the more I wouldn't lose so sticking with MFP helped me get the results I wanted. Play around with it and see what works best for you, everyone's body is different. Good luck! :smile:
  • Kellie0710
    Options

Well at the beginning of Turbo Fire I followed their guidelines but to be honest I prefer MFP. For myself the more I ate the more I wouldn't lose so sticking with MFP helped me get the results I wanted. Play around with it and see what works best for you, everyone's body is different. Good luck! :smile:

Thanks =) I will try and eat between the two and see what happens then go from there =)
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options

I stuck with MFP's calorie guidelines. I think the TF guide assumes a certain calorie burn for all people and I don't think it necessarily works for everyone.

As for the weekend thing, what I did when I was losing was to sort of zig zag my calories. I allowed myself a Saturday cheat day. But I dipped under net 1200 a few days per week to make up for it. So basically I concentrated on a weekly net rather than a daily net goal. It seemed to be working. I am going to do it that way again once I can start back up.
  • JosalynSmith
    JosalynSmith Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I’m sticking to MFP diet guidelines. I have tried other diet sites in the past but I wasn't losing any weight. I feel it was because I wasn't eating enough calories and trying to stick to a calorie range no matter how many calories I burned during my workouts. My heart rate monitor is my best friend so now I know roughly how many calories I've burned for each workout. I don't allow cheat days, I may allow myself to have a little something special for one meal but that's about it. For me it's pretty easy to eat clean since I tend to get heart burn if I eat anything that is too bad for me. I also noticed that I didn't lose weight when I was eating low carb. With TurboFire I feel I need to eat more carbs otherwise it's difficult for me to get through the workouts. I also eat every 2-3 hours, I think that is a very big component.

I started TurboFire about 6.5 weeks ago and I've lost 6 pounds, so I would assume that I might be doing this right this time around, YAY! :) I’m feeling great and my clothes are fitting a lot better now.
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options

I set my cals to what I know I should be getting. MFP isn't the best for determining that. I'd recommend getting a more accurate assessment of the amount of cals you should take in each day without exercise (resting metabolic rate). Many gyms can offer an assessment with a small fee. I did Bod-Pod testing at my gym for like $10. It's one of the most accurate tools available for measuring this and giving you your body fat % and lean muscle mass %.
  • Kellie0710
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice everyone =)
  • leesalee3
    Options
    Oh my gaaaa!!! Im having the same problem!!! Im 4 weeks in, havent missed one day and the scale wont move!. The mirror looks the same too.i watch my intake and drink tons of water..... Im getting really discouraged, im feeling like i weigh this much doi.g nothing, why am i getting up extra early to get this workout done before work if theres no payoff..boo:noway: :noway:
  • imarose6968
    Options
    I also haven't seen a lot of pounds lost, which is frustrating I admit.... BUT, I have lost so many inches on my waist and thighs! I eat a substantial amount of protein and I'm thinking some is lean mass. Whatever it is, I'm trying not to focus so much on the scale and focus on the fact that my clothing is too big for me and I now have a waist. This is two weeks in.
  • ash_37
    ash_37 Posts: 35
    Options
    what do you mean by clean eating? i am also in same situation. i only list 1ib. im 5.4 168ibs and i eat around 1200-1300 cal a day. netines i go over but rarely.
  • ash_37
    ash_37 Posts: 35
    Options
    I know how you feel. I love turbo fire and I sweat like crazy, but im not losing any weight. Its really frustrating. I dunno what im doing wrong. I eat cright n drink plenty of water n now I have also strted upping my protein.