Coke Zero

Options
How does Coke Zero have 0 calories?? I find it very hard to believe! Does anyone know?

Replies

• natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    It's not real food. It's full of crap. There's a lot of calorie-free crap out there.
  • chiroGirl77
    Options
    It is sweetened artificially with aspartame.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    They make it taste sweet by using an artificial sweetener. Cool, ain't it!
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    Artificial sweetners, Not good for you. I am trying a soda pop free September.
  • illwillie
    Options
    Its bad. Do better drinking regular. Artificial sweeteners are not good for you!!!
  • jinkies54
    jinkies54 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    all diet sodas do i believe. and it's NOT better drinking the regular kind either - you're really substituting one evil for another. regular soda has so much sugar in it you may as well go sign up for type 2 diabetes for fun...and the diet stuff, well it has negative consequences of it's own which are nasty too. if you were like me, and HAD to have at least one a day, depends on what you like. i can't metabolize sugar so i went with diet until i got really good with water and now prefer water.
  • AGreenlee60
    Options
    Love Coke Zero and Diet Coke...I am addicted...
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Surely your joking right?? It has no calories because it has zero real of anything.... It's all chemicals......
  • JeNn45nFiT
    JeNn45nFiT Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Its flavored with Splenda but still not the greatest for you.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero and Pepsi Max are marketed to reduce calorie intake, and in turn, lose weight. Ironically, although this is a controversial topic with research supporting both sides, it’s been shown in at least one study that people who rely on artificially sweetened beverages are more likely to gain weight. In association with this, aspartame in particular has been shown to increase appetite and calorie consumption.
  • brittmiles07
    Options
    Love Coke Zero and Diet Coke...I am addicted...

I'm with you! I used to drink Coke Zero all day, but now I make myself drink at least 4 of my 8 glasses of water before I even think about a Coke Zero, then I limit myself to one can a day.
  • poseidon9447
    Options
    I read an article the other day (sorry cant remember what sweetener it was) that said that it made your brain release a chemical that made you feel hungry. I am not a soda fan, haven't had any in longer then I can remember, But when I do have one I drink one with real cane sugar. I try to stay away from corn syrup as much as I can with everything.
  • diskko
    diskko Posts: 4
    Options
    Technically, I think there ARE calories, but it's so little that they can get away with saying they're zero. I believe when something is under 5 calories you can portray it as a zero-calorie item.
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I dunno, but I'm glad! Coke Zero is my vice. Well, it's my zero-calorie vice. I have lots of others, but they do even more damage...:grumble:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I guess the chemicals they use to make it don't have calories. Did you know that aspartame converts into formaldehyde in your body ? Great for embalming!
  • Yes...Coke Zero and I go wayyyyy back..lol. seriously, I use to drink soda ALL DAY..whenever I got thirsty. I rarely drank water..I actually hated the taste. Because of it, my skin was always oily and pimply..I had ZERO energy..and whenever I went to pee, I swear I would hear a fizzing sound...that's how much soda I drank. Now I drink between 10 and 15 cups of water a day......it's rare for me to drink soda now..it has to be a "special" occasion........all that aspartame in my body must have been really bad..because with soda out and water in..my skin is clearer than EVER!!
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    I'm another Coke Zero addict. I have a list of changes to make in my life and am doing them gradually. I have the task of adjusting my relationship with Coke Zero at the bottom of my list because it will be the most difficult for me. I totally understand how bad it is, but one day at a time for me. I wish I could explain why it has no calories, but I know that when I stopped drinking the sugared sodas, I lost weight.
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    the "badness" of aspartame is an urban myth. sorry guys.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp

http://whatdoesthesciencesay.wordpress.com/2010/06/13/aspartame-and-formaldehyde/

for example. as the above article states, aspartame does convert to formaldehyde. so do bananas, 2 times as much as aspartame. and an 8 oz glass of tomato juice? 6 times as much. guess we should stop consuming those as well. pseudo science not supported by any evidence or studies.
  • bf41382
    bf41382 Posts: 51
    Options
    only drink coke when you mix it with rum or other adult beverages...you'll be good to go