The day after I ate too much..,

Options
So yesterday I overate. Probably ate about 400 calories more than I should have. It was actually the first time in 55 days. I made a chose to eat an entire burger instead of splitting it with my husband. I ate fried zucchini (not really the best way to eat veggies) and I had ice cream for dessert. I can make all kinds of excuses, but I won’t. I simply made a choice. Today I’m back on track. I weighed myself this morning and I actually lost a 1/2 pound. So my total weight loss so far is 4.7 lbs. I’m officially the slowest loser of weight. But I’m determined. I have 12 more to go. I m in it for the long run!!!

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    55 days is an impressive streak to make right choices! Sounds like the burger was well deserved! I have to do all or nothing because when I slip up it's never just one day lol! So get back on it and remember your goals!

It doesn't matter how slow you lose, just as long as you're going in the right direction!
    Slow and steady wins the race right?

Well done! Keep up the good work!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    I also love fried zucchini (although we call it a courgette in the UK)

Still healthier than eating fried chips though eh? So I wouldn't worry too much about that!
  • healingnurtrer
    healingnurtrer Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I've never made it 55 days in a row without going over. You're doing well!

If you only have 12 more pounds to lose then it's good that it's going slow. You're going in the right direction! Sounds like what you're doing is sustainable long-term.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    So you found out why some of us have a “cheat day” or “treat day”. Some of us just need them occasionally.
    Congratulations on your first day of exploring maintenance and doing well.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,629 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with being over every once and awhile! Glad you're back on track and feeling strong today. I sometimes have cravings when I go off my new way of eating but it passes in a few days.
  • Bradleys8299
    Bradleys8299 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    So you found out why some of us have a “cheat day” or “treat day”. Some of us just need them occasionally.
    Congratulations on your first day of exploring maintenance and doing well.

It's good for my mental health.
    Every 4-6 months when I start to feel burned out, I'll take off 2 weeks and eat at maintenance. I'm still counting calories but I get to eat a little more and not worry about gaining it all back lol. It really helps me a lot. And then when I am ready, I'll go back down into a deficit.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    How far did 400 calories put your over maintenance calories? Not much, if any, I bet.

Sometimes it's just worth it.