Losing weight in hopes of baby?

Options
We are considering having one more baby, but not unless I can lose weight. Would love to connect with others on a similar journey. I have about 100lbs to lose to ultimate goal but would like to lose about 40-50 before baby. I am also considered advanced maternal age so there is that too :/

Replies

• Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I’m also losing weight (partially) because of plans to start trying for a baby (our first) this coming summer. I started out with 70-80 lbs to lose and have about 35 lbs to go. I really want to go into pregnancy at a healthy weight so my goal is to hit my goal weight by April, then maintain for a few months before we start trying around my 30th birthday in July.

You can totally lose 50 lbs! I’ve found MFP to be really helpful, especially participating on the message boards. There is a lot of support and good information around here :)
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am not trying to conceive but my husband and I have moments in which we desire another child. In these moments I consider if my body is baby-ready, should I conceive without trying. I am almost 40, so chances are not high, but they are possible.

Also, I get confused comparing early preganancy symptoms with perimenopause, you know?

I would always like to have a body that is baby-ready until I cannot conceive anymore. That has always seemed like an important thing for me in my life.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    There is a group here for women in this same situation. It has been really quiet lately and would benefit from some new members. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/111647-planning-for-pregnancy
  • AlisaRN
    AlisaRN Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have 15 lbs to go till my goal weight. I think we'll start trying in March or maybe a little later if I have it all gone by then.
  • rdkdm7
    rdkdm7 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    39 and just had a baby. It was almost triplets. As you age I read that you might actually become more fertile. Multiple babies more possible.

Wish you the best I understand the crunch time weight loss. I thought about having another but boy I gained alot and its finally coming off...
    If I come into wealth and get skinny again...
    I'm sure you could do it! Especially because you have a reason.