How many eggs per day do you eat?

Options

Replies

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day, I don't have them daily, but a few times a week lately to help me hit my calorie and protein goals. I'll have up to 3 as an "add on" to the day (I prefer them hard boiled with a bit of siracha sauce).

If I'm actually cooking them to eat, 2-5 depending on how hungry I am/meal plan for the day.
  • iheartmyyorkie
    iheartmyyorkie Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Only 166 days until Easter. Cadbury eggs and Reese's peanut butter eggs. Yum. :p
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Maybe 1 or 2 a week. I find myself unable to tolerate much animal fat these days (been a vegetarian for 26 years, not interested in becoming vegan). Too many eggs and I just feel queasy. And hardboiled egg yolks (well, any egg yolks other than scrambled) have always majorly grossed me out. I kind of miss egg salad sandwiches (the only way I could tolerate yolks, I guess because they were in tiny pieces) but they're not worth the side effects.

As others have said, they have pretty much no effect on my blood cholesterol level as that is the same now as when I used to eat more eggs.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    3 on the daily.
  • tickingp0ny
    tickingp0ny Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised by all the comments so far about plain eggs making them feel sick. Eggs on their own--eggs as ingredients have never given me trouble--used to put me on the couch for a few hours with a headache, fogginess, and an upset stomach. It's gotten a lot better over these past few years, but every now and then I still have a day where my body doesn't quite agree with them. Luckily, about the only egg I like is a fried one!
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    I go through phases where I forget the simple pleasure of an egg or two. Then I’ll make up for it for a week or so and eat several eggs over a few days before forgetting how good they are again!

As an aside, my kids have always teased me because I genuinely get a little anxious if I have less than half a dozen eggs in the house! They’re just so useful in so many ways (breading, glazing, baking, binding etc) that even when I don’t eat them as ‘eggs’ I need them on hand!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Huh? 😞
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    like 6 today I think.....
  • AyeRon18
    AyeRon18 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    maybe 10 a week, 3 or 4 per meal when i have them.
  • babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    20+ large(whole) outside free roaming, free range eggs/wk. Fabulous little nutrition bombs they be :)
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I LOVE eggs, and though I don’t eat them every day, I often eat 2 eggs + 2 egg whites for breakfast, and then have 3 or 4 hard boiled egg whites in my salad for lunch, and then maybe more for snack. Like some previous posters, I also use eggs (especially egg whites) to fill in low cal protein when I need it.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    unsigned int eggs_per_day(self)
    {
         unsigned int eggs;

eggs = 0;

do {
              eggs++;
         } while(self.size < barge.size()); 

self.Name = "Gaston";
         return eggs;
    }

could you egg-splain this? LOL :D

It's a play on the lines of the Gaston song from Beauty and the Beast, just a bit of geeky humor.
    When I was a lad, I ate four dozen eggs
    Every morning to help me get large
    And now that I'm grown, I eat five dozen eggs
    So I'm roughly the size of a barge
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Ohhh, all I could see was DOS code..... still, love that song... "kitten" now you have it stuck in my head!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs everyday either 4 whites or 1 whole egg with 2 whites depending on my calories I wanna use for the morning,they're not my fave food but easy,cheap and a nice vehicle for ham and cheese🤤
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I don't eat eggs every day. When I do I try to have just one. I like to have egg a variety of ways; over easy with a couple sides, scrambled. I will raid supermarket salad bar for small amounts of veggies that I saute and the mix egg in (not omlette, I always ruin them and they get scrambled anyway) or fry one with yolk broke and make a sandwich with pork roll on wheat toast with mayo and ketchup. When I decide to go out for brunch or breakfast is when I will have multiple eggs.
  • healingnurtrer
    healingnurtrer Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    3 daily, cooked over hard with butter. That's a good start to the day for me food-wise.
  • marcusjgrose
    marcusjgrose Posts: 16 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    12 a day every day,free range large size.