insanity, asylum, p90x, which one?????

Options
hi there. im from australia so we dont get these over here so i will have to buy from the states and get it shipped so i really wanna make sure i get the right one!!!

can i have your input of which one is the best:
background of my fitness....

-can run 10k
-did 2 bootcamps
-76kg (167lbs)
-started my half marathon training
-can lift weights
-no injuries
-doing 30day shred pretty easily level 1 and 2 (still a massive sweat but can finish it)

i want to tone my stomach, arms and legs the most haha so pretty much everything. i want to have toned legs espceailly and get some toning in my abs to i can see them haha and be flat!!!

thanks everyone!!! :)

ps: if there is another workout program you love instead please let me know too!!
ALSO WOULD LOVE TO SEE BEFORE AND AFTER RESULTS OF ANY OF THESE WORKOUTS!!!!! :)

Replies

• Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    P90X is a nice mix of everything. Weight lifting, cardio and even some yoga.

Insanity is pure cardio and a lower body workout

Asylum is a bit more of a mixture of both cardio and weight training. It's also more sports based training moves. Which I personally loved since I grew up playing all sports.

I really couldn't pick a favorite because each offers a little something different. They are all fun.

EDIT: You could probably do any of them if you are already in good shape. So I wouldn't be worried about that. Just pick the one that appeals to you the most.
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Seems like you enjoy a lot of cardio and have a lot of endurance. I would match you with Asylum. I've heard it's wicked tough! OF course you can check them all out on the discussion board through Team Beachbody. I really enjoy TurboFire. It's intense and fun. Lots of kickboxing, dance, and funky music to keep you hyped up. Oh and HIIT drills are fantastic!! I can go on and on about these, so you can message me if you want and we can chat. Otherwise, I'd recommend signing up for a free account and see their discussion threads. So many before and after threads there for all of their programs.
  • grimms11208
    grimms11208 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I am currently in the middle of the second phase of Insanity and I love it. I started with P90X and that got me in shape but I have really seen the slimming and toning results with Insanity. It seem slike you are already in pretty good shape that is why I am suggesting Insanity now.This first one was at my highest weight probably 170ish...
    Fatcopy.jpg

the next three are only a couple days into the first round of insanity and I had already started to see a difference in my stomach area...
    front.jpg
    Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
  • sshobbs
    sshobbs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I have experience with P90X and Insanity: The Asylum. I have not done Insanity all the way through, but have done some of the workouts. I'm a Coach with Beachbody (basically an independent distributor), so I have quite a bit of experience with the company and its programs.

If I had to pick only one program to do, it would be P90X. It offers 12 different workouts that mix up both strength and cardio, which is essential for your overall fitness. Prior to P90X I was just a runner (nothing more serious than a 10K). 60 days into P90X, I ran a 5K -- I had not been doing anything else but P90X -- and I shaved 2 minutes off my 5K time. That's what cross training and strength training will do for you.

This summer I did Asylum, and I LOVED it. It is very tough, but it mixes strength and cardio as well. It's a 30-day program with 6 DVDs, so not as much variety as P90X. It has good cardio work, and will have you working on athletic, sports-type moves. With the program you will get a jumprope and an agility ladder for footwork moves. Shaun T is an awesome trainer.

Like I said, I have not completed Insanity, so my only comments there are that I know it is TOUGH, and I know that it works. It is definitely more cardio-based, and the workouts that I've done have seemed kind of similar in that they are just hard-core cardio. The warm ups will have you wanting to barf! No doubt it works, though.

Feel free to send me a message if you have more questions, I'll be glad to help you! I love these programs and think there is nothing out there that can compare to them! My handle here on MyFitnessPal is sshobbs, or you can see my Beachbody site at www.SmellsLikeFitness.com. (I also have a blog at www.SmellsLikeFitness.blogspot.com).

Hope that helps!

Susan
  • breezad
    breezad Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I am currently in the middle of the second phase of Insanity and I love it. I started with P90X and that got me in shape but I have really seen the slimming and toning results with Insanity. It seem slike you are already in pretty good shape that is why I am suggesting Insanity now.This first one was at my highest weight probably 170ish...
    Fatcopy.jpg

the next three are only a couple days into the first round of insanity and I had already started to see a difference in my stomach area...
    front.jpg
    Back.jpg
    Back.jpg

awesome results after only afew days!!! good on yu and thanks for the photos they really helped!!!!
    think im sold hahaha :)
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I have experience with P90X and Insanity: The Asylum. I have not done Insanity all the way through, but have done some of the workouts. I'm a Coach with Beachbody (basically an independent distributor), so I have quite a bit of experience with the company and its programs.

If I had to pick only one program to do, it would be P90X. It offers 12 different workouts that mix up both strength and cardio, which is essential for your overall fitness. Prior to P90X I was just a runner (nothing more serious than a 10K). 60 days into P90X, I ran a 5K -- I had not been doing anything else but P90X -- and I shaved 2 minutes off my 5K time. That's what cross training and strength training will do for you.

This summer I did Asylum, and I LOVED it. It is very tough, but it mixes strength and cardio as well. It's a 30-day program with 6 DVDs, so not as much variety as P90X. It has good cardio work, and will have you working on athletic, sports-type moves. With the program you will get a jumprope and an agility ladder for footwork moves. Shaun T is an awesome trainer.

Like I said, I have not completed Insanity, so my only comments there are that I know it is TOUGH, and I know that it works. It is definitely more cardio-based, and the workouts that I've done have seemed kind of similar in that they are just hard-core cardio. The warm ups will have you wanting to barf! No doubt it works, though.

Feel free to send me a message if you have more questions, I'll be glad to help you! I love these programs and think there is nothing out there that can compare to them! My handle here on MyFitnessPal is sshobbs, or you can see my Beachbody site at www.SmellsLikeFitness.com. (I also have a blog at www.SmellsLikeFitness.blogspot.com).

Hope that helps!

Susan

Very well said! My only complaint with P90X is the cardio is way to easy after doing Insanity and Asylum. I go back and try plyo X and get bored! So for someone who is already in good shape, they might find the same problem.
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Fatcopy.jpg

front.jpg
    Back.jpg
    Back.jpg

How tall are you?