should I just watch the calories???

Options
or the fat and all that other stuff?? I am so dumb when it comes to diets! Its frustrating not knowing if Im doing well or not!!

Replies

• ljunior
    Options
    or the fat and all that other stuff?? I am so dumb when it comes to diets! Its frustrating not knowing if Im doing well or not!!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Calories,Fat and Sodium,Carbs,Protein... .main things in my opinion..make sure your calories are full of nutrition dont eat junk to fill the caloric intake ....it will only leave you hungry and wanting more at the end of the day...Good luck in your journey....make sure you realize your not only watching to make sure you dont go over by much but that your watching to ensure your getting enough as well.:drinker: In regards to excercise calories I do not eat mine back and have no problem however some people eat them back and do good as well ..you just have to play with it and see what works best for you.
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    If you're just starting out, I would start with calories. When you get used to that you can worry about carbs, fat and protein. However, be aware that it makes a difference to your body if you have 100 calories in a candy bar or a 100 calorie banana. Try to eat 5-6 small healthy meals per day to keep your blood sugar steady (fruit, veggies, whole grain, fish, eggs, chicken):drinker: . Eat all of your "exercise" calories and don't starve yourself! Drink lots of water. Good luck!!!
  • mgeek40
    Options
    Talk to your doctor about your weight loss plans and they can either recommend a nutritionist or a goal of calories. As Myastyme says the calories need to be full of nutrition. I'm on about 1500 a day and I try to eat that from fruits, low fat dairy and lean meats like turkey or chicken.

Eat smaller meals more often. Carry good snack food like FiberOne or special K bars to keep away from easy snacks.

Good luck and use thi site for all its worth and you can do it.