Fat-Free Microwave Apple Crumble Delight

Options
agataarchangel
agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
One more (last one!) of mine from food.com

"A sweet and tasty, yet healthy, alternative to traditional apple crumble. This can be made at work as a quick lunch or dessert, or in the oven at home if you have the time. Superb for dieters, waist watchers, and healthy eaters alike.

Ingredients:
1 large apple (Granny Smith or Crispins are ideal)
1 tablespoon artificial sweetener (I use Splenda Brown Sugar blend)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup low-fat granola
1 dash water or 1 dash lemon juice

Directions:
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
1 Slice apple in half, then into 1/2-cm thick slices.
2 Sprinkle 1/2 Tsp of cinnamon and 1/2 Tbsp of Splenda into the bottom of a small, microwavable bowl.
3 Arrange half of the apple slices into the bowl.
4 Repeat Step 2 with the remaining ingredients, including the sprinkle of water/lemon juice and the Cereal or Granola (keep granola/cereal until after heating if you want it to remain crunchy, not soggy).
5 Nuke in the microwave on high for about 1 1/2-2 minutes, depending on the microwave, until the apples are just tender. The steam from the water or juice will cook the apples slightly.
6 Remove from microwave and enjoy!

http://www.food.com/recipe/fat-free-microwave-apple-crumble-delight-320475

Replies

• tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmmmmmm. Sounds like a nice treat ~ thanks! :tongue:
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    Thanks sounds yummy - bump
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    The perfect treat on this rainy day...thanks!
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a sweet low calorie snack. Where do you get your granola from? I like really crunchy granola....like...have you ever tried Starbucks Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits? I LOVE the granola they use. I wish I could find something like that somewhere....
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Aps123
    Aps123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    sounds great! thanks!
  • RHOyalT
    RHOyalT Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Gotta try this one!
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a sweet low calorie snack. Where do you get your granola from? I like really crunchy granola....like...have you ever tried Starbucks Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits? I LOVE the granola they use. I wish I could find something like that somewhere....

I LOVE Jordan's Supreme Muesli or President's Choice (Loblaws) Original Granola (This one is my ultimate favourite). They are both about 200-220 calories per 3/4 cup, low in fat (5g and 2.5, I think, respectively), and DELISH. The Jordan's will get mushy, however, as it is a muesli and will get soggy when it soaks up the apple juices). The other one will stay crunchy.

And no, sadly I have not tried the Starbucks ones yet....
  • Andra01
    Andra01 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    mmmm ! I think i'll try this one tonight :) thanks
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Umm bump!!! Sounds delish!
  • lilttriana
    Options
    This sounds delicious. Some people said looking for crunchy granola. Try Kashi go lean crunch cereal. THE BEST!!
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious. Some people said looking for crunchy granola. Try Kashi go lean crunch cereal. THE BEST!!

Agreed!
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    So I ended up trying this snack tonight and it was pretty delicious. 1 tsp of cinnamon might be a little much for 1/2 an apple but if you don't mind all the cinnamon then load it on! I ended up buying Archer Farms Vanilla Almond granola and used 1/4 cup to top my apple slices with. It turned out really good.
  • gurlysmiles2001
    Options
    bump! i love the kashi go lean cereal, i have the kind with dried berries in it :)
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    yum
  • sajeyph4
    Options
    bump