Trying to gain little muscle, who’s with me?:D

Replies

• oleksy21
    oleksy21 Posts: 7 Member
    I’m with you !
    I’m also trying to gain some muscles ;)
  • jesslifts
    jesslifts Posts: 34 Member
    Yep! What program are you doing? I’ve fairly recently started StrongLifts 5x5 after doing ~6 months of bodypump classes.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Always. I'm doing a slightly modified Strong Curves to fit the equipment (and body) I have available.
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 479 Member
    Strong ladies unite!! 💪
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    I've just gotten permission to work out again, so I started up with Strong Lifts 5x5 because it's soothing and familiar.
  • Yep. I’m cutting atm. About 5 pounds left to go. Hoping to bulk in about a month or so.
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Starting a little cut this week - after a sort of 'accidental' bit of bulking :s Need to up my training days from a lazy 2 to a more acceptable 3/4. My upper body muscles are ok when the 2/3 of kilos of fluff go away, but my weight mostly sits around my thighs, so I have been doing some more leg work lately.
  • jesslifts
    jesslifts Posts: 34 Member
    Awesome! I don’t think I have the mental strength to bulk and cut so it’s a slower recomp situation for me.
  • StatChicBayes
    StatChicBayes Posts: 349 Member
    I'm with you!! Still trying to lose body fat/keep muscle - about 5lbs more to go. I'm about 1 lb from the upper limit of the ideal weight for my height, so may just switch to recomp at that point. I'm working through the Strong book by Lou Schiller and Alwyn Cosgrove (of the New Rule for Lifting series) Tomorrow is the start of Stage 4!
  • brystot10
    brystot10 Posts: 5 Member
    I am SO game! Im a runner at heart but have recently found a new love for weight training
  • Same here! I've been lifting for a few years, but I just got a new weight set a few weeks ago and started a PHUL routine. Good times!

(I want to have a nice physique, of course, but long term I want to retain my physical capabilities well into my 80s and 90s and lifting will help with that).
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Yes! There was a girl in the gym this morning who was in superb shape and I was soooo envious of her delts.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    You Gals Rock !!