Need motivation - just signed up

Options
bessie17kk
bessie17kk Posts: 5 Member
edited October 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone, I’ve just signed up and hope this app is gonna help me. I’ve lost 44 pounds on my own but need another 47 pounds off to reach my goal. I feel I’ve hit a brick wall and need motivation so I’ve joined here today and am going to give it my best shot.

Replies

• webersusan558
    webersusan558 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I signed up about 15 days ago and I need motivation as well.
  • CharlesScott78
    CharlesScott78 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just started back after having kept my weight off for many years. I lost sight of what I really wanted in life. It is easy to do. Not sure if my story is motivation or a cautionary tale - but Blog Post here it is. I would say losing weight, gaining weight and maintaining weight I was always motivated. What I lost was the focus to know how important that goal was. Humans always have a hard time prioritizing what I want with what I want right now. I am back at it and have lost 14 lbs. I feel good that I have regained my focus. Now it is just a matter of time. Time is going to pass no matter what. If I keep my focus on the right things, each day will bring a healthier me.

I wish you both all the best. I know you can do it.

Charles
  • bessie17kk
    Options
    What a lovely message Charles and well done on the weight loss. Here’s hoping we can all motivate each other.
  • bessie17kk
    Options
    Hi Webbersusan558 thanks for your message. Hopefully we can all motivate each other and get to where we want to be 😊
  • Perenial1960
    Perenial1960 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I lost 14 pds. That i did with,eating alot of greens and exercise,i still want to loose 5 more and have hit a plateau so i thought i would try this sight to be more accountable.i hope to get insight from different people.
  • bessie17kk
    Options
    Yeah it’s difficult when you get on the scales and it hasn’t moved or you’ve only lost a tiny bit when you feel you’ve worked really hard all week 😡 I find it inspires me looking at other people’s weight transformation pics. It shows me that it can be done so I take lots of pics myself. Even tho I’ve lost 3 stone, I don’t feel any slimmer as I didn’t take any pics when I was at my heaviest but I do now - although I’m not brave enough to post them.
  • claire_001
    claire_001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I’ve been on and off MFP for years. When I use it it works well but I’m my own worst enemy. So this time it’s got to stick (health reasons) so looking for MFP members to motivate and engage with on my journey. ✌️C
  • bessie17kk
    Options
    Hi Claire, yes I’m here for health reasons too so let’s get this done 😊
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Finally lost 2lb back to my lowest, I got hers about 6 weeks ago then went on holiday and up it went again but i have persevered and now back down soni have 3 weeks before our last holiday to lose some more as eating out on holiday will def put some back on but if I am careful I know I can do it and so can all of you.
  • julieat_19
    julieat_19 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I added you as well, same here..starting over and support and motivation
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Going strong sticking at the exercises and slow progress but hitting my targets with determination!
    Hope your all succeeding remember push on through the tricky times and you will succeeded too!
  • kgonsman1
    kgonsman1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    #yougotthis <3