C25K Training update!!!

Options
I ran for a full 90 seconds today!!! I know that may not seem like much but I don't remember ever running for that long. Week 2 day 1 of my c25k training. More to go!! I'm so proud of myself though!

Replies

• fairygirl716
    Options
    CONGRATS! That is a big deal. I just started running Saturday....I ran my first mile. I'm up to two today. I know you are feeling great right now. Use it and push yourself just a little further! You rock!
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    nice, i just finished week 3 day 1....im scared of next week!
  • olpbabe
    olpbabe Posts: 89
    Options
    I honestly thought I was going to pass out after running the 90 seconds...I would literally have to grab onto my husband because my legs and chest were exploding! However, last week I ran for 20 minutes!!! My husband and I are currently on W6D2 and love it! We're running our first 5K on 9/11.
  • Malani2010
    Malani2010 Posts: 245
    Options
    I honestly thought I was going to pass out after running the 90 seconds...I would literally have to grab onto my husband because my legs and chest were exploding! However, last week I ran for 20 minutes!!! My husband and I are currently on W6D2 and love it! We're running our first 5K on 9/11.

I know exactly how you feel!! My hubby runs with me too but he just wants to get stronger not lose weight (he is 5'10" and weights 130lbs) but we are also pushing strollers so I think that is a little more challenging. Congrats on your first 5k. We will be running our first in April 2012 for the March of Dimes in honor of my son Blake who was born at 32 weeks. (He is okay and doing great and will be 2 in Jan.)
  • StaceeK1
    Options
    Great job !!! I want to start that program myself :)
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I ran for a full 90 seconds today!!! I know that may not seem like much but I don't remember ever running for that long. Week 2 day 1 of my c25k training. More to go!! I'm so proud of myself though!

That's great. I've finished C25K last week and started the bridge to 10K program today!
    I too had some trouble running for long periods but thanks to C25K this is now a thing of the past!

I'm sure that if you stick with it you'll see dramatic results in no time at all!!!!
    If you struggle through some of the weeks (some can be quite hard), repeat them and instead of completing in 9 weeks complete in 10 or 11 but be sure to complete the program, the results are amazing.
  • lisaidem
    lisaidem Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    That's great! I did W1D2 today, and the soreness from D1 made it hell. Keep up the good work!
    What mph are you running at? I'm at 4.0, very slow I know, but I want to be able to maintain that pace for the duration.
  • J3nnaLyn
    J3nnaLyn Posts: 125
    Options
    Congrats! It doesn't seem like it, but the next couple of months will fly by and you'll be running in no time!
  • LizE31
    LizE31 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I completed W2D1 tonight also! Im running with my 15 year old daughter and didnt know 90 seconds could feel so long but we did it! Congratulations to you and keep on running!
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I completed W2D1 tonight also! Im running with my 15 year old daughter and didnt know 90 seconds could feel so long but we did it! Congratulations to you and keep on running!

You'll see how short they'll feel when they are on the walking side of things! hehe :)
  • MrsMonologues
    Options
    I just completed W4D2 of C25k, and day two was way harder than day 1, but it still feels great. I think the last five minute run I was probably at a walk/run pace, but I did it. It is hard to not give up, but I just tell myself I can do anything for five minutes. I am really nervous about next week and running 20 minutes straight...eep!! Good luck! I love the program so far! The thought of running 90 seconds scared me and now that is a thing of the past.

Such a great program.
  • Malani2010
    Options
    That's great! I did W1D2 today, and the soreness from D1 made it hell. Keep up the good work!
    What mph are you running at? I'm at 4.0, very slow I know, but I want to be able to maintain that pace for the duration.

I am at about that too but we have improved on our times and paces but I have to pick it up on Thursday!! We are taking tomorrow off to go to church and pick back up Thurs.
  • drh1111
    drh1111 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You will make it by staying the course. Don't push yourself beyond what the program recommends. Also make sure that you do other exercises and stretching. I did more than I should have and ended up with plantar fasciitis. Now I am sidelined for the next few weeks. I was at W5D2, but I was in terrible pain.

Keep going. Good running!!!
  • kerr2010
    kerr2010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I just finished W4 D1 and I feel the same way! I am so nervous about the 20 min run next week. I have my doubts, but I also had doubts about the 3 minute. Somehow it just gets easier.
    I just completed W4D2 of C25k, and day two was way harder than day 1, but it still feels great. I think the last five minute run I was probably at a walk/run pace, but I did it. It is hard to not give up, but I just tell myself I can do anything for five minutes. I am really nervous about next week and running 20 minutes straight...eep!! Good luck! I love the program so far! The thought of running 90 seconds scared me and now that is a thing of the past.

Such a great program.
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    awesome!!! keep up the good work!!
  • Malani2010
    Options
    Now as most of you know I have 2 kids and hubby and I push one child each. Would it be eaiser to just get a jogging double stroller?
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Keep it up!
    I am on Week 5 Day 2 (will do tonight) and a little nevous about the 2 - 8 minute runs.

I signed up for a 5K next Monday, it's a new race event to raise money to save animals from kill shelters. My son (who is very passionate about animals) is doing it with me. Very nervous and excited/proud to be doing it.

This will be my first 5K. I am planning to do another after I finish the program so it will be interesting to see the time change.

Good Luck to you and Keep up the good work!
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    I am *so* happy for you!! Doesn't it feel amazing?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!