3-2-1 Cake In A Cup

GBO323
GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
Ever want a single serving of cake and don't wanna bake a whole one and risk going off plan? Or you don't want to pay $2-3 for one instant cake when you can have a bunch of them for the same amount of money?

A friend of mine shared this...I've tweaked it slightly and I'm HOOKED!

1 Box of Angel Food Cake Mix. This is required for the cake to rise.
1 Box of Any Flavored Cake Mix...I use the Milk Chocolate flavor! Yellow Butter Creme flavor is good too.

Pour both dry mixes together in a large Ziploc bag and shake/blend VERY well.

When ready for cake, grab a good sized coffee mug (12oz+)
3 tablespoons of the cake mix along with 2 tablespoons of water or liquid. Mix until frothy.
1 minute in the microwave. It will rise about halfway through and fall back.

Let cool for 5+ minutes.

Voila! One cake is a mere 110 calories.

One bonus is...if you have calories to spare, it can easily be doubled for a 220 calorie sweet treat. Just make sure you have a big enough cup (16oz+) to microwave it in.

Here are the variations:

Instead of water, use Sugar Free Coffee Syrup (Torani or Dollar Store, for example). Vanilla goes with most flavors. Adds a sweet flavor kick for ZERO added calories;

Place a tablespoon of chocolate chips or peanut butter chips in the bottom of the cup before adding the mix. Adds 80 calories. or go with a teaspoon for just 25-ish calories.

Replies

• mindywp1
    mindywp1 Posts: 2 Member
    I also make the 3-2-1 cakes & love them. One tip, make sure you use the Angel Food cake mix that requires only water to prepare.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    OR

Bake the whole box cake using coke zero etc. and divide into servings to control portions, freeze and take one out as needed.

Or bake a non-box mix cake, divide it into servings, freeze, and take one out as needed. This also works very well with pie if you wrap up the slices in plastic wrap (I know, plastic, but those boxed mixes also involve quite a lot of packaging).
  • TheVirginian7
    TheVirginian7 Posts: 1 Member
    If baked all at Once, how many servings and do you bake in cupcake style?
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    aokoye wrote: »
    OR

Bake the whole box cake using coke zero etc. and divide into servings to control portions, freeze and take one out as needed.

Or bake a non-box mix cake, divide it into servings, freeze, and take one out as needed. This also works very well with pie if you wrap up the slices in plastic wrap (I know, plastic, but those boxed mixes also involve quite a lot of packaging).

Or just make cupcakes and freeze them.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    That sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    apullum wrote: »
    aokoye wrote: »
    OR

Or just make cupcakes and freeze them.

You win this game... and now I want cupcakes (or perhaps a single cupcake).
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
    This is a great go-to. I like the single serving recipe because I know me....if there are more waiting, then it's a temptation I don't need.