A big fat hi there and hello from Amsterdam!

Options
This will be the first time in my life I've ever attempted to count calories. I'm a bit frightened as I tend to food obsess but hopefully I've worked hard enough on my mental part of weight loss that I can do this without heading in a downward spiral. I logged my first day today and it seems pretty simple. Although many of the Dutch choices aren't listed, I can still ballpark it or simply add in my own foods.

I am starting off weighing in at 275 pounds (my highest weight was 301) and plan on getting down to 200 for my first "big goal" and then after I want to focus on getting in a good BMI range. I'm happy to join the community and with well over 75 lbs to lose, it looks like I'll be here a while! :tongue:

Replies

• Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    This will be the first time in my life I've ever attempted to count calories. I'm a bit frightened as I tend to food obsess but hopefully I've worked hard enough on my mental part of weight loss that I can do this without heading in a downward spiral. I logged my first day today and it seems pretty simple. Although many of the Dutch choices aren't listed, I can still ballpark it or simply add in my own foods.

I am starting off weighing in at 275 pounds (my highest weight was 301) and plan on getting down to 200 for my first "big goal" and then after I want to focus on getting in a good BMI range. I'm happy to join the community and with well over 75 lbs to lose, it looks like I'll be here a while! :tongue:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    welcome! i never have tracked my calories either and dont think i could do it with out MFP! you will :heart: it here!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :smile:
  • tazspastic
    tazspastic Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey, WELCOME!!! Just remember, you are a strong person.... cookies crumble! You can do it!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!:flowerforyou:
  • happenstance82
    Options
    MFP is also my first time ever counting calories. So far, so great! I had no idea I'd get so excited about counting calories and recording exercise. I think you'll find it pretty addicting!

Good luck with everything! :happy:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

You can do it if you work hard and promise yourself I started at 267 here but my overall was 275...Good luck in your journey:drinker:
  • Esperanzas4
    Options
    I have never had luck counting calories before. MFP makes it really easy. I'm still in my first week, but love this site.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Heya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

56259.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary