Looking for a weightloss buddy

Options
13»

Replies

• GetZet
    GetZet Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Still within caloric goals, which is weird to me. I ate a small slice of chocolate cake some children had made in my kitchen, (baking is therapeutic for some of our young neighbors,) but because my appetite was deranged for a bit it actually brought me up to 1100 for the day and made the week overall better, as well.

The bad batch that hit the neighborhood is apparently spent as parents of the crew I see the most are engaged again. Stressed schedule abated; I’m ready to hit the gym again tomorrow.
  • GetZet
    Options
    How’d your trip go?
  • bellamonarch
    bellamonarch Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • redeve17
    redeve17 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Trip not yet made, I fly out this weekend to Africa actually where there are lots of good food, foods that I have been deprived of since I moved abroad. Ha ha. Any tips on how to stay within caloric goals will be helpful but I plan to go out jogging since I may not get to use the gym.

Luckily am going away for only 2 weeks so will be back to my routine immediately after the holidays

I don't bake much, I wish I did, maybe I will try and improve my baking skills in the kitchen with my sons. I agree that it can be therapeutic.

Nice to hear you are staying within 1100. for about 2 weeks since we started this thread. Stay strong

I lifted weights for 30mins this morning, still on VLCD - week 3 out of 6. I can't wait to switch to 1200cals from week 7. I am still 80KG from 83KG in week 1.
  • anneg50
    anneg50 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don't know what a stone is, but i'd like to be in on this. I need accountability partners
  • redeve17
    Options
    @GetZet how are you today? you sharing yesterday's summary? LOL
    I was on track yesterday after a long time. Had 1000kcals and will be worked out with weights.
    Today going on okay, am within my daily caloric intake
    I feel good today about my goals and hope to stay on track for the rest of the week

@whateverann1 You are welcome to join us, we share daily updates and hope to stay on track

1 stone is about 6kg or 12pounds ish, are you looking to lose a stone?
  • GetZet
    Options
    Yesterday's summary wasn't shared because I had another surprise day as mom to extra children. I managed to take younger dogs to a hilly park and circle around to climb a challenging hill twice; that was it as far as dedicated cardio goes. However, I am putting today's goals in here just for accountability:

- I need to weigh and measure as a check-in. Haven't done so for three weeks.
    - I found an hour long workout that I want to try today--combines strength and cardio.

Will be checking in tonight no matter how many children show up in my house (shoe?)
  • GetZet
    Options
    Got in 20 min HIIT cardio. Bit different from what I had planned but feeling better as it was a start.

Still within the 1100-1300 daily range that is healthy but lower than maintenance for my stats. Measurements soon
  • dreychida
    dreychida Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello ..so ive been using this app for a week now plus a workout app...female fitness.....wentvon the scale only to realize that ive only lost 0.1 kg....i cant describe how demotivated i am honestly and i cant serm to figure out what the problem is ....please help
  • GetZet
    Options
    @dreychida , we've all been there. The scale isn't the most reliable method to use. Writing down base measurements (neck, bicep, forearm, chest, waist, upper thigh, calf, ankle,) helps far more because you'll see incremental change weekly as long as you're consistent with workouts and nutrition.

I've gone weeks at a stretch with my scale showing less than a half pound loss, and then there would be a sudden whoosh with my body showing muscle I'd been building unaware. The scale doesn't show fat vs. muscle, it just shows overall weight. Some of us have a lot of fat to displace. Also, changes aren't visible to my own eye as I live in this skin daily. Photos, little as I like them, do help.

Learn to measure weekly. Use the scale and camera monthly. Doing so helps you not to destroy your own morale.

Also, make the process fun. Workouts don't have to be WORK-with-a-capital-W. They *can* be; there are days when I want to be crushed and capital-W-workouts fit the bill. There are other days when I want to rebel, give up, rest, be stubborn...those are days I crack open a list of fun things I've found on YouTube or scrolling through MFP and try one out for a change of pace. (I strongly discourage yoga with active dogs unless you need a laugh or to make your family laugh hard.)

- Zombies Run! is a free app that makes running in place in one's living room far more fun than running sounds.
    - Body By Simone is responsible for Jennifer Garner's fit physique in the movie "Peppermint." YouTube offers free videos.
    - Like dance but feel you have two left feet? Any number of dance workouts that can be done in the privacy of your home that teach you steps and make it fun.

There's more, much more. You've got this!
  • GetZet
    Options
    Down another four inches overall in the past two weeks.
  • GetZet
    Options
    Down another three inches. Eating lots of leafy greens, keeping carbs to things like 1-2 whole wheat tortillas or slices of sprouted bread, and snacks to fruit or raw veggies is working
  • redeve17
    Options
    @GetZet , good advice on scales up there, I hope that encourages @dreychida , that was the motivation I needed.
    I am back from my travel to Africa. I need to tell you all about it in my next post
  • redeve17
    Options
    I am back on 1200cals per day with 1 hour gym and Spa afterward. On holiday, i ate over 4000cals daily for 3 weeks, gained about 5kg in 2 weeks but luckily in the 3rd week of holiday, I had to go for Spiritual cleansing which required fasting, so I fasted for 3 days with no water and food. At the end of that week, I lost all the weight I gained so am back to a safe 78KG, and am back on my healthy lifestyle with 1200 cals daily and I head out to the gym daily
  • aeargila
    aeargila Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Looking for weight loss buddy who really wants to be accountable and help each other. I have posted about this but the responses I get aren’t too serious. Please message me. I want to lose at least 50-70 pounds.
    Can I join up with you guys?
  • redeve17
    Options
    @aeargila Yes you are welcome, do you want to join on whatsapp
  • redeve17
    Options
    Hi, Is anyone still waiting to hit their targets in 2021? I found a new buddy on instagram, add @viableresults if you are interested in hitting your goals this year