How many eggs per day do you eat?

Options

Replies

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I eat about 6-8 eggs a week. About 3 days a week I have 2 scrambled eggs, and about once a week I use 2 more eggs to make an omelette.
  • Anabirgite
    Anabirgite Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I use 4 ounces of pasturized egg whites in morning smoothie or oatmeal. And several times a week have 1 or 2 fried eggs with lunch or the Costco Egg Bites if not eating leftovers. Easy delicious protein.
  • Yidrey
    Yidrey Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just started keto again and eating 3 to 4 eggs per day, from the farmer.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    About 9 to 12 whole eggs per week. Usually scrambled or in an omelet. Also, panque de elote and flan during the week which have eggs as a key ingredient. So, maybe 2 or 3 more over the course of the week. Great nutrition in eggs!
  • ConnerMichaels31
    ConnerMichaels31 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Maybe a dozen a week now personally. I tried the 36 raw eggs a day oldschool strongman thing. But it wasn't happening. 10 in one day was rough enough.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,022 Member
    Options
    12 a day every day,free range large size.

12 eggs every day??? :o

I eat about 2 - 4 per week.

Less in winter. (tend to have hard boiled eggs in salads in summer)

i do also eat other things containing egg - quiches and the like.

• xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    12-15 eggs a week! My whole family eats tonnes of eggs each week. I love sunny side up eggs with salt and semi dried basil. So yum. But I also eat scrambled eggs with spinach, red onions and tomatoes.
  • Dontkillbill
    Dontkillbill Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    3 or 4 hard boiled eggs a day. I do them in the Instant Pot. 4 minutes pressure cook and let them sit for 25 minutes and they are nicely done. I make a dozen at a time. Nice and easy and I rarely buy lunch of breakfast at work any more. Got a full panel of blood work coming up in December so I will see if I can keep this up.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    3 or 4 hard boiled eggs a day. I do them in the Instant Pot. 4 minutes pressure cook and let them sit for 25 minutes and they are nicely done. I make a dozen at a time. Nice and easy and I rarely buy lunch of breakfast at work any more. Got a full panel of blood work coming up in December so I will see if I can keep this up.
    Huh, curious about your results, @Dontkillbill , can you maybe post an update here? Last year i eat 7-8 eggs a week and my cholesterol went up. There's no other reason that i can pin point for it, food wise or anything else. I exercise and my diet didn't change in any other way. My doctor said something in line of how cholesterol is a bit finicky and can change depending on something you have eaten recently, like shrimp, but i eat pretty much similar way, and the only high cholesterol food in my diet is eggs. So, although they say cholesterol from food doesn't affect your blood cholesterol, idk. I think it does. I love eggs and limiting the weekly amount to 3 or so. So jealous of people eating 2-3 a day! But i want to see if limited amount of eggs will lower my cholesterol back to normal, lower levels.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I eat eggbeaters when I eat eggs. Not every day, maybe once a week...unless we are camping and then it's bacon and eggs!
  • Dontkillbill
    Dontkillbill Posts: 15 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    icemom011 wrote: »
    Huh, curious about your results, @Dontkillbill , can you maybe post an update here? Last year i eat 7-8 eggs a week and my cholesterol went up. There's no other reason that i can pin point for it, food wise or anything else. I exercise and my diet didn't change in any other way. My doctor said something in line of how cholesterol is a bit finicky and can change depending on something you have eaten recently, like shrimp, but i eat pretty much similar way, and the only high cholesterol food in my diet is eggs. So, although they say cholesterol from food doesn't affect your blood cholesterol, idk. I think it does. I love eggs and limiting the weekly amount to 3 or so. So jealous of people eating 2-3 a day! But i want to see if limited amount of eggs will lower my cholesterol back to normal, lower levels.

I will update when I get my blood work done. I am little scared because I am doing well on Keto but eat too many sausages and maybe too many eggs. It sure works keeping the hunger down. It really works on blood sugar.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I’ve been eating 1-3 eggs most days for several months. Just found out my “bad” cholesterol is high. I know there’s LOTS of conflicting info on whether eating foods high in cholesterol raises your blood cholesterol, but the American Heart Assn recommends 4-6 eggs per week, so I'm going to cut back. I’m in maintenance so being overweight is not a contributing factor to my high LDL.
  • flotek72
    flotek72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I eat about 15 egg whites a day. Some days I change it up and have a different protein source though.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Depending on what I'm eating for breakfast I often have weeks where I eat about a dozen eggs. I have never had cholesterol issues.
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I eat 3 eggs whites a day. For argument sakes, let's say the cholesterol in the eggs does affect a person's cholesterol. Isn't most of the cholesterol in the yolks?
  • flotek72
    flotek72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    LynnJ9 wrote: »
    I eat 3 eggs whites a day. For argument sakes, let's say the cholesterol in the eggs does affect a person's cholesterol. Isn't most of the cholesterol in the yolks?

I believe so. Also most of the calories.
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I also pack 4 hard-boiled eggs a day in the lunchbox and eat them for snacks. Whether I eat the yolk depends on how many calories I've eaten otherwise... most of the time I eat one or two and feed the rest to stray cats. The girlfriend and I are going through 3 to 4 dozen eggs a week.
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I usually have one raw egg a day (I love it with rice and natto). I'm not a huge fan of eggs in any other style actually, though I will eat it scrambled, boiled, as an omelette or quiche once in a while. Aside from chicken eggs, I also enjoy salted duck eggs on occasion when complementing it into particular dishes, though it's much higher in calories etc.

My partner will have 1 HB/day in the morning with sausages. Sometimes 2 eggs/day depending.

My uncle will eat 6 HB eggs/day.

• pdmatthews
    pdmatthews Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have 2 per day weekdays, 3 at weekends. I have done this for a good few years and at a health check last week my reading was 3.9 with ratio of 2.3 whatever that means. Doc said I was green and she’d not seen much lower (I’m 50)

That said other things in my life might help as well but eggs in themselves don’t worry me
  • jendfaz
    jendfaz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I get free eggs from my parents chickens so I’d say I average a couple a day. Some days I won’t eat any and then other days I’ll crush a 4-egg omelette with lots of veggies. They are usually more on the small to medium size though.