New here

Options
kmemka
kmemka Posts: 1 Member
Hi! I’m new here and looking for any weight loss tips for a women in her mid 40’s. I would like to lose 10 pounds.
Thanks!
Kim

Replies

• ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Go slow (1/2 lb per week) and make sustainable lifestyle changes gradually so that you can maintain the weightloss without being miserable. One or two solid habit changes are really all you need to reduce daily caloric intake by about 250 calories per day, and you shouldn't feel too deprived over the 20 weeks it would take to lose 10 lbs. Unfortunately, it's easy to overestimate food intake by 250 calories, so be exacting in your food measurements and *weigh* your food on a food scale rather than trying to eyeball or measure it.

The stickies at the top of each section should have very helpful information that will answer many of the early questions you have and a bunch of questions you didn't even know you had.

:) Welcome!
  • Lmercado441
    Lmercado441 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi. My first day although not my first time!!! I’ve tried everything WW HCG KETO. It’s all about my lack of will power I really need a friend here!!! Sigh
  • LybieGirl
    LybieGirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    New here too-I want to lose 15 pounds - I’d like to chat with others trying to lose - need to stay focused and motivated