Looking for YouTube exercise videos recommendations !

Options
lindamtuck2018
lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
edited October 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all! I am looking for some videos I can do now that the weather is changing. Right now I primarily walk for exercise, so I am a beginner. I am still have over 70 pounds to lose. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• julanig612
    julanig612 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I bought the 30 day shred workout dvd from Jillian Michaels that we do 3x a week. It's a great 20 minute high intensity workout that has levels for differing capabilities.
    On every other day we do yoga with Adriene on YouTube. Great for flexibility and deep core strength. Also suitable for beginners.
    If you are really limited with time, the app "7 minutes" takes you through 7 minutes of bodyweight HIIT Which I do when I have no time. It's better than nothing 👍
  • julanig612
    julanig612 Posts: 40 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Oh and just for some super fun, get your heart rate up- type activity that can hardly be classified as a workout because it's so fun, try the fitness Marshall on YouTube. His dance moves are easy to do and SO FUN!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender, Pop Pilates, and Leslie Sansone all have beginner level workouts. Fitness Marshall is a fun dance workout series but it is pretty intense...work up to that one. Combat fitness is entirely body weight exercise and starts from beginner all the way through advanced if you have access to Amazon Prime.
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    On YouTube, I really enjoy the Fitness Blender workouts, and Yoga with Kassandra. Both have TONS of options! Fitness Blender is simple to follow, and will give modifications if needed as well.
  • nancydriedger
    nancydriedger Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yoga with Adriene is what I started with when the weather started to change. Beginner and modifacations as you progress. After doing the videos everyday for a month, it was crazy how much I saw progress with my strength.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I like the HASFit channel on Youtube. Not saying it's better than the others mentioned, just another to take a peek at. 1.15 million subscribers - it's fairly popular. I like their resistance band workouts, very comprehensive and non-guy-barking-"encouragement"-at-you.
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Leslie Sansone, and Popsugar has some fun videos of varying types and degrees of difficulty. I like the challenge of 30 Day Shred, but doing the same moves multiple days in a row started to bother my knees so I have it to use, but not as designed.

Another low impact favorite for me is Miranda Esmonde-White and her Classical Stretch, DVDs can be found on eBay (last I checked she had limited content on YouTube, but that could have changed).

Going to check out Fitness Marshall but I have no rhythm so I tend to fail miserably with those type workouts :D
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone and Jessica Smith have walking videos
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I love popsugars
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Sydney Cummings has some really good, tough videos. I also like popsugar as they have a wide variety of videos. Rebecca Louise has some shorter videos. There's also the body project that has some good ones too
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I have lots to choose from.
  • moonangel12
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I have lots to choose from.

Most definitely! Once I found the PopSugar cardio ones, the recommended videos exploded! I get so incredibly bored with monotony so it’s really nice to have so many options at my finger tips! This thread got me going before breakfast even :) Did a Classical Stretch DVD then a “fast walk” 1 mile/15 min one on YouTube with Leslie Sansone. Gentle enough to get the stiffness out of my joints without major pain or discomfort 👍

• Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking this questions these answers will help me too!
  • Cat_A_89
    Cat_A_89 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I use Sydney Cummings she has everything. Cardio and strength, hiit, tabata, yoga, stretching videos and has 10 min to 60 min videos. Shes also very informative.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    FitnessBlender and PopSugarFitness are my go-tos on YouTube.
  • shannon9874
    shannon9874 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Jessica Smith has a great youtube channel: jessicasmithtv. Her workouts are well rounded. She has walking, barre, strength training, kickboxing, etc. If you visit her website: jessicasmithtv.com she has many rotations. She also has DVD's on Amazon.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I tried a beginner video on popsugar fitness today. I really enjoyed it! Wonder what I will try tomorrow!
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    I watch Sydney Cummings
  • moonangel12
    Options
    I tried a beginner video on popsugar fitness today. I really enjoyed it! Wonder what I will try tomorrow!
    Some days it takes me several minutes just to decide!