2 month journey. 1month plateau

Options
julanig612
julanig612 Posts: 40 Member
edited November 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
I am female, 36yoa and I have 30kgs to lose. I lost about 5 kgs the first month and though I have been good, meticulously weighing and logging, exercising and eating within my limit with a decent, moderate deficit, my weight is up and down all of October with no progress. I have lots to lose and I am doing everything right, isn't it too soon to be plateauing? This is so discouraging.

Replies

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    took a quick look at your diary - while some of your logging looks good, some looks suspect.

you have:

Toasted Sandwich - Ham & Cheese, 2 sandwiches for 198 calories total. not sure what kind of sandwiches these are, but I can't imagine how two of them could be only 198 calories (usually the bread alone would be more than that - let alone the ham and cheese - maybe you aren't using bread? again, hard to tell with such a generic entry). there were a few other similar things to this I saw. are you sure your logging is as meticulous as you think??
  • julanig612
    julanig612 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It wasn't actually 2 whole sandwiches, it was 3/4 of a very dry two slice sandwich I was served at a picnic we went to. It wasn't perfect but I generally know the calories of the things I often eat and it worked out roughly right and I was rushing. But with the deficit I try to achieve and weighing all my food (granted, most days - I rarely eat what I haven't packed from home, Thursday was a field trip and thus hard to log) surely a deficit must still be achieved, and weight loss should happen.
    I know plateaus happen. I just think it's too soon. I don't want to drop my calories, and I am already on my feet all day.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    julanig612 wrote: »
    I am female, 36yoa and I have 30kgs to lose. I lost about 5 kgs the first month and though I have been good, meticulously weighing and logging, exercising and eating within my limit with a decent, moderate deficit, my weight is up and down all of October with no progress. I have lots to lose and I am doing everything right, isn't it too soon to be plateauing? This is so discouraging.
    julanig612 wrote: »

Im going through the same thing. You just have to wait it out and the weight will fall off. I’m actually eating at maintenance for a few days. You don’t have to do that, but it’s an option. Also losing 5 kg in the first month is ALOT. That was probably water weight as well as fat. I would aim to lose 1-1.5lbs per week. Keep on pushing through and the weight will come off!
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Have you double checked the food info you are using from the database? Maybe you have some in there that are really off? Try checking against the usda database which is more accurate since MFP’s is just user created and has some really crazy entries.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I wouldn’t advise you to change your calorie allotment.

Instead, I would advise that you knuckle down in your food logging. You’re most likely off by quite a bit. Do that for a few weeks and see how you make out.

Good luck!